H&M Facilities Manager - London, UK&IE
- London, London, England, United Kingdom
- Department: H&M
Do you want to join H&M on a journey, changing the way we define a seamless customer experience? If you feel that you have a genuine passion for growing businesses and see yourself in a role contributing to added customer value, a strong brand and digital growth. Then join us and take part in changing the way we work with omni.
H&M is on a journey to become a truly customer focused company. We´re putting our passion for the customer at centre, upgrading the customer experience and taking it to the next level. We´re changing our way of working to be able to offer our customers a seamless personalized shopping experience. This means that we need to accelerate our omni customer experience and put omni at the core of our business.
The Expansion function is here to support in adding meaningful growth. We are responsible, in partnership with our brands, for all aspects of creating and maintaining our real estate portfolio: we lease, design, draw, buy, build, and maintain each store and constantly follow up on the existing portfolio to ensure high profitability. We add new stores and optimize the current portfolio through rebuilds, extensions, renegotiations, relocations, and consolidations.
On this journey we´re all collaborating to create the best omni offer for our customers and as a Facilities Manager you will be a key player in making this happen. The Facilities Manager role is a multi-brand function, supporting all Brands within the H&M Group. This role would sit within our Construction and Facilities Department, as part of the wider Expansion Team at H&M Group UK/IE.
Maintenance & Projects
- Work alongside our service providers to coordinate and ensure successful repairs, maintenance, and equipment installation across the portfolio.
- Secure Health and Safety regulations in the stores and area offices.
- Efficiently plan and prioritise tasks.
- Able to carry out multiple maintenance, optimization’s & closure projects in different stores consecutively.
Profit & Cost Follow Up
- Plan and follow up on budgets for stores within your assigned area.
- Create a long term strategy for your stores alongside the wider Expansion Team.
- Align with wider team to ensure that money is investment in the right stores and in the right way.
- Securing the expected lifetime of the stores within the portfolio.
Team & Third Party Collaboration
- Together with the Area and Store teams support in maintaining both the Customer experience and profitability of stores by managing planned and reactive works.
- Communicate cross functionally with both the Expansion Team and the wider business.
- Work closely with external contractors to achieve the best result for the H&M Group.
- Contribute towards our sustainability goals.
- Act as a link between the stores and our service providers for example Cleaners, Maintenance helpdesks and Landlords.
- Carry out regular follow ups with third party service providers.
- Drive continuous improvement.
We see that you have a strong business mindset, communicate well and you are comfortable in making decisions. You work strategically, plan ahead and foresee potential opportunities and improvements. As a person you are analytical, methodical, and conscientious. You enjoy teamwork and effectively collaborates with a group of diverse people to achieve set goals and targets.
Besides your personality we see that you have:
- 2+ years of relevant working experience. Retail and/or Facility Management background is preferred.
- Minor Project Management experience meriting.
- Good understanding of service contract terms and conditions.
- Experience in setting and implementing budgeting strategies.
- Experience from working in an international, matrix organization with several stakeholders and seniority levels.
Being part of our omni journey means there is not one clear path. We ask of you to be open to change and take part in creating an organization for the future. This is an opportunity for open minded team players that by being curious, innovative, and forward-thinking, want to change our business and the whole industry. We ask you to be yourself, drive results, work towards goals and go for it with everything you’ve got.
The position is a permanent role based in our Support Office in London, UK on a local contract but you will need to be flexible to travel to all stores in and around the London area. You report to the UK&IE Construction and Facilities Manger within the Expansion Department.
If your skills, experience, and ambitions match this role then please apply no later than 22nd September and attached a detailed cover letter and your CV to your application.
H&M is committed to creating a Diverse & Inclusive environment and we are actively looking for qualified candidates irrespective of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability or age.