Distribution Centre Manager - 1 Year Contract
- Delta, BC, Delta, British Columbia, Canada
- Department: H&M
Distribution Centre Manager (Delta, BC, 1 year contract, Optional relocation contract)
The DC manager is responsible for driving and contributing to the overall Distribution Centre business results.
You do this with clear people and business focus. You lead, manage and organize the DC as one team embracing the H&M Values, policies and all relevant procedures. Together with other departments, you collaborate within the DC to maximize operational excellence, quality and efficiency. All the while working in a sustainable way for our customers, in all our brands and channels. Ensure all employee relation responsibilities, legal requirements and H&M policies are met.
Job Responsibility (including but not limited to):
- Work cross-functionally with all relevant points of contact to ensure best outcome
- Ensure to have a clear overview on how Logistics contribute to business results
- Together with the DC management and other departments provide direction by setting goals where people are engaged and work as one team
- Use company´s and Logistics vision and focuses to create relevant and attainable goals together with the DC management and your team.
- Keep yourself and your team updated on overall business results, i.e., company goals, performance and expectations, communicating them in an inspiring way
- Maximize profitability through planning, budget and cost follow up.
- Together with the Logistics Manager and management team set, communicate, and follow-up logistic goals and KPI´s with the objective to achieve great customer service, profitability and result for all brands and channels.
- Continuously analyze and evaluate your logistic results and tendencies with the objective to pro-actively plan and take relevant actions.
- Ensure your budget is set on time, and followed up throughout the year
- Collaborate closely with other departments and global logistics to prevent loss
- Ensure compliance to H&M logistic operational best practice work processes and in cooperation with the DC Management team
- Contribute to selling through a commercial focus and a pro-active product supply chain.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Logistics, Operations, or Supply Chain Management
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in a role (or roles) that had direct involvement with DC, with at least 2 years of experience in management (people and/or projects)
- Skills, Abilities and Other Requirements:
- Strong understanding of business processes from a financial perspective, such as profit and loss and other related accounting principles
- Strong negotiation and procurement experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team in a multi-personality, fast-paced, and deadline oriented environment
- Ability to adapt to change and effectively prioritize workload to changing demands
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with colleagues, customers, and suppliers
H&M will accommodate disabilities during the recruitment and selection process.
If a job applicant requests accommodation from H&M, H&M will consult with the job applicant and make adjustments that best suit their needs.
Successful job applicants of H&M will be notified of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities