Chemical Compliance Specialist - Group Compliance, H&M Group
- Liljeholmsstranden, Stockholm, Sweden
- Department: H&M Group
Do you have experience of food contact products’ chemical compliance and safety? Are you passionate about research, sustainability, and communication? Then read on!
Group Compliance department is part of the function “Quality Strategy and Compliance” at our Global Supply Chain organization. Within the function, we aim to make sure we deliver consistent product quality that our customers will love.
Group Compliance is responsible for setting legal requirements and routines for all products sold by the H&M Group, in all countries and channels in line with local legislation and a precautionary principle. This includes product safety, labelling, chemical- and physical test demands. By supporting several parts of our business with our expertise, we contribute to the overall customer experience.
We are eager to bring a Chemical Compliance Specialist onboard, to be responsible for the food contact segment. We have a team of specialists with deep knowledge within their specific area. Ongoingly, we research and update ourselves on the specific topics and relevant legal requirements, including aspects of labelling, chemical restrictions, physical properties, and authority reporting. We then communicate with all relevant stakeholders within the H&M group such as Assortment and Production. Do you want to be part of creating customer value by providing safe and compliant products? Then becoming our next chemical compliance specialist might be the challenge you are looking for. Key responsibilities include:
- Research relevant chemical related regulations in existing and future sales countries. Evaluate the information and set importance for H&M
- Secure that H&M’s chemical restrictions for specified products/materials for all brands within the H&M-group are in line with global regulations as well as company policies
- Set, implement, up-date and follow up chemical restrictions, standards, routines, methods, and guidelines within H&M-group
- Ensure all key stakeholders are kept up to date with H&M’s chemical restrictions.
- Work proactivley with these issues to improve weak points, identify new potential risks and avoid problems re-occur
- Cooperate with relevant external parties like working groups, standard organizations, authorities, and NGO’s
We believe you are a communicative and driven team player who enjoys working with a variety of people, in an international environment. To succeed in this role, you are solutions-focused, curious, and structured - with a collaborative “can-do” approach and an eye for details. You have a goal-oriented mindset and are eager to find great ways to drive results and have an impact.
- Have a university degree in chemistry/environmental science.
- Have at least 2 years work experience within product regulations and compliance.
- Good knowledge of processes for food contact products/materials,
- Knowledge in food contact regulation
- Experience working with project management methodology
- Experience in reading and evaluating standards and regulations
- Experience turning complex information into user-friendly guidelines
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
If you believe you will bring value in this role and want to join our fantastic team, please upload your CV (English) as soon as possible but at the latest 6th of August 2021. Due to GDPR, we only accept applications through our career page. At H&M Group we strive to have a fair and inclusive recruitment process. Therefore, we kindly ask you to not attach a cover letter in your application as they often contain information that can easily trigger unintentional biases.
This is a full-time, permanent position, based in Stockholm, start date September.
H&M Group is committed to creating a Diverse & Inclusive environment and we are actively looking for qualified candidates irrespective of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability or age. We look forward to receiving your application!