Senior UX Designer with People Management responsibilities, Stockholm
- Årstaängsvägen 13, 117 75 Stockholm, Sweden
- Department: H&M Group
We believe in Experience Designers staying close to where our end-users are, whether they are customers or colleagues.
We are now hiring for an inspiring leader with passion for people and design, eager to drive the agenda of creating the best possible digital experience.
You will work as part of the Tech Enablement Domain as a Competence Lead acting both as Senior Designer and as the People Manager for the Experience Designers working on colleague facing products.
You will have a dual focus working hands-on as a Designer in a multi-disciplinary product team, and you will work with the Domain Leadership team being staff responsible for the Experience Designers in your group.
You will be a key enabler for the agile way of working making sure your team has the best circumstances to develop and grow and increase the overall design maturity to the benefit of both end-users and the business.
Why Design is mission critical for H&M Group goals.
At its core, Design is about making things better, and as such, make the world better. At H&M Group, we consider the needs of present and future generations, and are aware that our entire business must be conducted in a way that is economically, socially and environmentally sustainable. Experience Designers are mission critical as you are tasked with bringing our customers with us by making sure everybody feels welcomed, included and empowered on this journey.
H&M Group has a proud history of design, style and brands reaching millions of customers. And our Experience Designers are tasked with translating this history into beautiful, welcoming and modern digital experiences our customers love.
You will be joining a rapidly growing and diverse team of talented and passionate Experience Designers and will work tightly integrated with cross-functional product teams. You will also collaborate with stakeholders across the business impacting the efficiency and satisfaction of our colleagues around the world with your design craft, empathy and customer-focused mindset.
As a Manager...
- You are a respected and experienced leader.
- You nurture an effective work environment that your colleagues love to work in
- You will be one of several Competence Leads across the Experience Design organisation.
- You will be part of the overall design leadership as well as the local leadership.
- You will work tightly with functions across H&M Group, in multi-disciplinary product areas and product teams with people from all over the world
- As a competence lead you play an important part in following and implementing the H&M Groups vision, goals and strategies into the experience design field.
As a Designer you will...
- Champion design in projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple launches with significant Product Design responsibility
- Research user behaviors, validate concepts with end users and turn insights into value-adding products and services
- Contribute to visionary work and idea generation
- Visualize and prototype design concepts at varying levels of fidelity, from paper and wireframes to interactive digital prototypes, for mobile apps and web
- Collaborate with Visual Designers, Developers, Product Owners, Business Analysts and other stakeholders
- Be the voice and advocate of the end-user, constantly up to date with the latest trends, design possibilities and thinking within digital product design
- Facilitate creative workshops and collaborative sessions with multi-disciplinary teams
- Develop and refine user-centered design processes and best practices
Your Mindset & Skills
- Experience managing Digital Designers in an agile environment
- +5 years of experience with delivering great Product Design
- A true role model for the H&M values and an inspirational and collaborative leader
- Deals with situations confidently and assertively, taking decisive action even in uncertain situations
- Passionate about understanding the users’ needs, motivations, behaviors and are able to translate them into actionable deliverables
- Strong conceptual thinker
- Excellent communicator with solid analytical thinking and problem-solving capability - you love to simplify the complex
- Engaged, open minded and ambitious team player willing to share and learn
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
Please expect some delays in our answers, due to summer vacation, we plan to get back to you in week 32- week 33. If you have any questions about the role or recruitment, please contact [email protected]
We are on an exciting journey to meet and exceed our customers' expectations today, tomorrow and in the future. Rapid technological development and new customer behaviours are transforming the fashion retail industry. To cater the individual needs and desires of our millions of customers, Business Tech delivers technological solutions for the entire value chain for all our brands. The best ideas evolve when great minds with different perspectives get together. We’re all on the same team in a global environment and we learn from each other. There are endless opportunities to grow – your development is all up to you!