Junior Tax Staff Accountant
- 300 Lighting Way, Secaucus, NJ 07094, USA
- Department: H&M
As one of the world’s largest fashion companies with more than 171,000 employees worldwide, H&M is an exciting and dynamic place to pursue a career within the fashion industry. Our business concept is to offer fashion and quality at the best price in a sustainable way and with our fast expansion we are always looking for new talents. Would you like to be part of our team?
Job Responsibility including but not limited to:
- Upload General Ledger reports to 3rd Party Vendor’s web portal on a timely basis in preparation for the monthly sales and use tax returns which are completed by the 3rd party vendor. maintain tax calendar and make associated payments to the 3rd party vendor as directed.
- Performs Tax Product Classifications in SAP for all new products entering the US & Puerto Rico markets in an accurate and timely manner
- Researches Tax Rate Changes, Test Rate changes in Vertex Acceptance/Production, adding and Testing New Store Locations in Vertex.
- Reviews accounts payable invoices to ensure compliance with sales and use tax regulations.
- Reviews Business licenses workpaper prepared by 3rd party Vendor (CSC) Competent in CSC Web Portal in order to follow-up on due dates, filings and payments by CSC. Verify Business Licenses are mailed to stores on a timely basis.
- Responsible for reconciliation of general ledger tax accounts, month end reporting and back-up for Vertex/SAP reconciliations.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Review and respond to Tax Notices from Jurisdictions on a timely basis.
- Ensures compliance in all aspects of multi-state sales and use tax regulations and business licenses taxes.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business required; CPA/MBA a plus
- 1-2 years’ experience in a sales tax department or public accounting tax department
- Experience working in an accounting/tax capacity within a retail company preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with tax research services
- Experience working with financial system programs
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills and ability to follow up with all levels of employees
- Proficiency with SAP, Vertex Software, and CSC Business License portal a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.