Data Engineer to Commercial Analytics product
- Årstaängsvägen 13, 117 75 Stockholm, Sweden
- Department: H&M Group
Are you a creative data engineer passionate about solving problems, building new stuff and always have something new to learn? We are looking for data engineers to join our new AI, Analytics and Data domain.
We are on an exciting journey to meet and exceed our customers' expectations today, tomorrow and in the future. Rapid technological development and new customer behaviours are transforming the fashion retail industry. To cater the individual needs and desires of our millions of customers, Business Tech delivers technological solutions for the entire value chain for all our brands.
The best ideas evolve when great minds with different perspectives get together. We’re all on the same team in a global environment and we learn from each other. There are endless opportunities to grow – your development is all up to you!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. H&M Group – Business Tech.
We love design, and we love technology! Our diversity makes us strong and creates an inclusive and welcoming workplace where everyone’s individuality is highly valued. We are looking for Data Engineers who want to work in a modern organization, where agility, automation and cloud are non-negotiables.
Our product area is called Analytics and Data Platforms and our teams are responsible for all data processing, reporting and advanced analytics capabilities across the whole value chain. This means tons of data and unlimited learning opportunities. We welcome applications from varied backgrounds in data and analytics.
About the position
We are looking for Data Engineers who want to work in a modern organization, where agility, automation and cloud are non-negotiables.
Our product area is called Analytics and Data Platforms and our teams are responsible for all data processing, reporting and advanced analytics capabilities across the whole value chain. This means tons of data and unlimited learning opportunities.
About the position
You will work with our Commercial Analytics team. You and the team leverage modern software engineering principles and techniques to build robust data solutions for a varied spectra of analysts. You appreciate working in autonomous teams, have a hands-on attitude and believe that no challenge is too big if we have the right support and tools in place.
We appreciate a multitude of technical backgrounds, but we believe you will enjoy working here if you’re passionate about data and have worked hands-on with data warehousing and analytics in the past, preferably with modern open-source data processing frameworks such as Spark, or Cloud-based data integration services such as Azure Data Factory. We appreciate your solid foundations in database principles and/or software engineering, as these go hand-in-hand when building robust, BI and advanced analytics solutions.
We believe that you are a true team player, solution-driven and open-minded, with a passion for continuous improvement and automation. You are collaborative and have the ability to build relations with different types of people and roles.
We are looking for you who
- Is triggered by developing and designing the next generation data- and analytics-solution with focus on enabling smart self-service capabilities
- Be a champion of DevOps mindset and principles, which emphasizes automation, continuous integration, and end-to-end ownership of solutions
- Want to work in a small, smart, agile team – designing, developing and owning the full solution
- Is motivated by analyzing and understanding the business needs, translating it to technical solutions, assuring that both business- and technical-needs are met
- 3+ years’ experience of designing, development and testing in the field of Data & Analytics
- Experience in Azure cloud tech-stack (Knowledge in GCP is a plus)
- Experience in Big Data technologies (e.g. Spark)
- Experience in Big Data file formats (e.g. Parquet)
- Experience in object-oriented programming languages (Python)
- Solid understanding of Data Modeling. Experience in modeling and developing tabular cubes, SSAS. Experience also in composite models is a plus.
- Experiences in working with Power BI is a bonus
- Experience in agile methodologies
- Experience from successful delivery of high-quality outcomes
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
- Passion for people and technology
Please apply with CV and cover letter as soon as possible, And We love code! So If you have contributed to Github project(s), also send those to us together with the CV. We are more than happy to take a look!
Do you think we are a match? We hope so!
This position is placed in Stockholm, Sweden.