Data Engineer to Sales Store Analytics
- Liljeholmsstranden 5, 117 43 Stockholm, Sweden
- Department: H&M Group
Are you a creative data engineer passionate about solving problems, building new stuff and always have something new to learn? We are looking for data engineers to join our new AI, Analytics and Data domain.
We are on an exciting journey to meet and exceed our customers' expectations today, tomorrow and in the future. Rapid technological development and new customer behaviours are transforming the fashion retail industry. To cater the individual needs and desires of our millions of customers, Business Tech delivers technological solutions for the entire value chain for all our brands.
The best ideas evolve when great minds with different perspectives get together. We’re all on the same team in a global environment and we learn from each other. There are endless opportunities to grow – your development is all up to you!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. H&M Group – Business Tech.
We love design, and we love technology! Our diversity makes us strong and creates an inclusive and welcoming workplace where everyone’s individuality is highly valued. We are looking for Data Engineers who want to work in a modern organization, where agility, automation and cloud are non-negotiables.
Our product area is called Analytics and Data Platforms and our teams are responsible for all data processing, reporting and advanced analytics capabilities across the whole value chain. This means tons of data and unlimited learning opportunities. We welcome applications from varied backgrounds in data and analytics.
About the position
You will work with our Sales Store Analytics team. You and the team leverage modern software engineering principles and techniques to build robust data solutions for our sales store area. We hope you appreciate working in autonomous teams, have a hands-on attitude and believe that no challenge is too big if we have the right support and tools in place.
We appreciate a multitude of technical backgrounds, but we believe you will enjoy working here if you’re passionate about data and have worked hands-on with data warehousing and analytics in the past, either in traditional data warehouse architecture or with modern open-source data processing frameworks such as Spark, or Cloud-based data integration services such as Azure Data Factory. We appreciate your solid foundations in database principles and/or software engineering, as these go hand-in-hand when building robust, BI and advanced analytics solutions.
We are looking for you who
- Collaborate with other engineers and specialists in building data-driven solutions that have laser-focus on business problems and our customers
- Build products in a varied of technologies and with varied focus (reporting, self-service analytics, large-scale data processing)
- Be a champion of DevOps mindset and principles, which emphasizes automation, continuous integration, and end-to-end ownership of solutions
- Use your expertise and creativity to solve problems using modern technologies and software engineering, in the areas of data quality, testing, deployment and monitoring
- You are a team player, solution-driven and open-minded, with a passion for continuous improvement and automation
- Experience in SQLServer or Netezza.
- Experiences in working with tabular cubes, DAX language and SSAS / SSIS
- Experiences in working with Power BI
- Experience with version control workflows with Git and an advocate of Continuous Integration.
- Solid software development skills, keen to write code which is resilient, scalable, and maintainable
- Understanding of Data Modelling and Datawarehousing.
- You have experience working in agile teams, and using supporting tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent communication skills in English, Swedish is a plus
Tools and software used by the teams: Informatica PowerCenter, Netezza, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Data Lake, SSIS, SSAS, Power BI, Tableau, Powershell and many others.
Please apply with CV and cover letter as soon as possible but at the LATEST 15 th of September 2021.
We love code! If you have contributed to Github project(s), also send those to us together with the CV. We are more than happy to take a look!
Do you think we are a match? We hope so!
This position is placed in Stockholm, Sweden.