Merchandise Manager - Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam
- 1 Grange Rd, Singapore 239693
- Department: H&M
H&M Brand is on an exciting journey to again become a truly customer focused company. In line with our Rewind and Fast Forward strategy, we want to achieve clear ownership, fuel our salesmanship, enable speed and build on our passion for the customer throughout the organisation. As part of this omni transformation journey, we are harmonizing the Merchandise Manager role for Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam.
As a Merchandise Manager, you will be a key player in making this transformation happen. Together, with the Sales Team you will work towards maximizing selling potential while driving sales performance and customer centricity in all parts of our work.
The Merchandise Manager’s main responsibilities are to drive your concept, optimize your stock and create the best customer offer.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Drive your concept
- Set quantified goals on your concepts together with the Head of Merchandising/Supply Chain Team based on last year performance, current selling and assortment/ global belief.
- Adapt the global commercial plan to local needs throughout the commercial planning on concept level.
- Maximize the selling potential of your concept by securing the right space management according to the current stock situation and sales drivers.
- Constant & structured sales follow-up of your concepts in your country.
- Be close to the market: Supply your market organization with commercial focuses and be out in store (average of 1-2 days per week).
- Act on the sales opportunities/threats together with your country sales team.
- Review your commercial plan periodically and set quantified improvements for next year.
Optimize your stock
- Set the allocation strategy on store segments for your concept and update it in correspondence to selling and stock.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain team and Area Controllers to ensure an optimal balance between selling and stock levels on all store segments.
- Secure impact in stores by matching the store stock levels with the local sales drivers.
- Follow up size availability in store in collaboration with Supply Chain Team.
- Optimize stock balance between new and previous seasons with allocation.
- Act with replenishment when demand exceeds supply or vice versa
- Responsible for reduction cost of your concept. Optimize the potential of reductions through sale, activities and price adjustments.
Create best customer offer
- Run a concept strategy to drive sales net growth that is aligned with your quantified goals.
- Know your market: retail situation, fashion level, competitors.
- Know your customer: expectations and the price they are willing to pay for each key product at any given time.
- Set strategic buying levels, along with prices and quantities together with your Supply Chain team.
- Attend Business Unit meetings and presentations to obtain information and news about the concept to be shared with the local organization.
Being part of the omni transformation journey means that there is not one clear path. We ask you to be open to change and take part in creating an organization for the future. This is an opportunity for open minded team players, who are curious, innovative, and forward thinking, and want to be part of the change in our business and our industry. We ask that you be yourself, drive results, be decisive and action-oriented and work towards goals.
Besides your personality, in order to be successful as a Merchandise Manager, we believe you:
Your background and skills:
- Have 3+ years of experience in retail and/or a background that provides you with a thorough and holistic understanding of the retail business.
- Have a strong understanding of our customers in the different markets
- Have strong data management skills – analytical, structured, ability to synthesize information and draw conclusions.
- Have the ability to link customer insight knowledge into mid and long-term commercial actions.
- Have experience in building commercial plan which optimizes potential in all fiscal countries.
- Have a strong understanding of Supply Chain and garment flow complexity.
- Have a strong understanding of the local assortment needs and buying method for % markets.
This is a permanent position based in Singapore and you will become a part of the Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam sales market reporting directly to the Head of Merchandising for Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam.