H&M Retail Department Manager
- 101 West Avenida Vista Hermosa, San Clemente, California, United States
- Department: H&M
You are responsible for supporting the Sales and Profit goals in your store by setting a plan to deliver the Best Customer Experience in your department. You ensure you have the Best Team and support their development. You work with succession planning, talent development and structured performance management for your team based on results, values and leadership. You work in accordance with legal requirements and H&M standards, policies and procedures to meet the expectations of customers and colleagues. You act in line with our Values and Leadership Expectations. You contribute to our business success by being results driven, business minded and a team player; a role model for H&M.
Role responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Sales & Profit
You are responsible for supporting the Sales and Profit goals in your store by setting a plan to deliver the Best Customer Experience in your department.
- You regularly analyze and follow up on Sales & Profit KPIs for your department with the Visual Merchandisers. You secure that actions are taken to maximize selling. You support the Visual Merchandisers with these actions by securing the hours and staff needed for a successful execution.
- Together with your store management team, you set the hours plan for your department in line with the sales budget.
- Together with your store management team, you ensure proper scheduling for your department to maximize conversion and enable commercial activities (department moves, Sale, Deals, etc.) keeping within the frame of the hours plan.
- You plan and prioritize actions together with your team that have a clear impact on selling.
- You ensure your department’s execution continuously meets H&M standards and follow up using the Store Experience Tool (S.E.T.)
- Together with your visual team you ensure the implementation of the Commercial Handbook for your department
- You ensure Store Operations and Best Practices are followed in your department and throughout the store. This includes, but is not limited to: truck planning, intraday, garment care, etc.
- Ensure H&M Customer Service standards are delivered at all times through active coaching of Sales Advisors and leading by example.
- Ensure the maintenance of your department is managed in a cost-efficient way to meet H&M standards and initiate actions accordingly with your store management team.
- Actively prevent loss and ensure your department follows appropriate safety and security guidelines
- Give input to your Store Manager and District Team on allocation and replenishment to secure a good garment level in your department according to selling
- You inform your Store Manager of any potential risks, threats and opportunities related to the competitor landscape.
People & Teams
You ensure you have the Best Teams and support their development. You work with succession planning, talent development and structured performance management for your team based on results, values and leadership. You work in accordance with legal requirements and H&M standards, policies and procedures to meet the expectations of customers and colleagues.
- Manage the recruitment, training, development and succession planning for your department team in line with H&M HR best practices
- Evaluate and manage the performance of your Department team members; give regular feedback, execute dialogues, development plans and follow-ups and take actions to improve performance and develop your team
- Actively work with a talent pipeline within your Department/store to support the business needs
- You ensure clear communication to Store team on business performance, company culture and training focuses through daily Behind the Seams Meetings and participating in weekly Leadership Meetings
- Ensure health & safety, legal and security issues are being handled to H&M standards and local laws securing the employee and customer safety at all times
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with H&M policies & applicable laws including approving time off requests, pay, location or title changes, conducting terminations & corrective actions & making employment decisions
- Ability to maintain overall store responsibility of store in absence of Store Manager
- You strengthen our Company Culture by promoting feedback in our daily work and coach your team to do the same.
Minimum Candidate Qualifications:
- High School graduate or equivalent; Associates or bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of retail management or comparable experience
- Ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc.) for a short distance
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
- Ability to coach and counsel staff on performance management and progressive discipline techniques
- Open availability including evenings and weekends
- Basic computer skills such as browser navigation, software interaction and data entry are needed
- Minimal travel required (i.e. Workshops)
Financial Accountability: Assist Store Manager with sales and profit responsibility for your store. Accurate recording of sales figures and hours
Job Status: Nonexempt, Hourly (Part-Time or Full-Time)
EEOC Classification: SLS