Lead Engineer - Modern Data Platforms
- Liljeholmsstranden 5, 117 43 Stockholm, Sweden
- Department: H&M Group
We are now looking for a passionate and technically interested, skilled Lead Engineer to join our Modern Data Platform team. H&M is rapidly heading towards the digital future and we are looking for people with a natural proactive drive who wants to make a difference.
We are on an exciting journey to meet and exceed our customers' expectations today, tomorrow and in the future. Rapid technological development and new customer behaviours are transforming the fashion retail industry. To cater the individual needs and desires of our millions of customers, Business Tech delivers technological solutions for the entire value chain for all our brands.
The best ideas evolve when great minds with different perspectives get together. We’re all on the same team in a global environment and we learn from each other. There are endless opportunities to grow – your development is all up to you!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. H&M Group – Business Tech.
We are on a journey to bring data and analytics to the forefront of innovation. Our vision is to lead the H&M Group to become the most insight-driven organization on Earth. We will do so by providing relevant, high-quality, and self-service analytical products and platform, we do so by simplifying and improving our customers everyday decision taking through a world class customer experience. We do this with an agile mindset and methodology closely with our friends in the whole H&M Group where we always keep the customer in focus. In Analytics and Data Platform Product Area our motto is to engage, learn, share, inspire and have fun.
In this role you will play a vital role for us in our mission to make the H&M group a truly data and insight driven company democratize data providing a modern self-service data platform.
As our Lead Engineer you will be responsible leading the technical development of our Modern Data Platform to manage data assets @scale across the whole organization targeted towards Analytics/BI and AI. You will be the one ensuring we have the best people with the right knowledge at the right time, to build and operate state-of-the-art data processing capabilities fused with engineering excellence.
What you will do
- Lead development of H&M's next generation, Modern Data Platform with self-service capabilities to serve stakeholders across the whole H&M group
- Work closely with Product Owner to create technical user stories for the engineering team, including acceptance criteria
- Orchestrate engineering team and optimize resource allocation and task management
- Establish development guidelines and best-practices (e.g., testable, codified, DevOps mindset, secure) and ensure quality output
- Take decisions on key technical designs and solutions
- Provide context, support, guide and grow team-members, while the team works towards our business objectives — you will inspire, not merely direct
Who you are:
We are looking for a person that is passionate in exploring new technologies and love coaching team members in a humble and constructive way to achieve successful individual development as well as team outcomes. To succeed we believe that you have a software development or an engineering background and has worked with cloud services.
- BS in Computer Science or an engineering field
- 10+ years’ experience of software development and testing in the field of Data & Analytics
- 2+ years in leading engineering teams at customer-focused companies
- Experience in Cloud Engineering and Cloud Services (GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Expert in infrastructure as code & codification (e.g., Terraform, Ansible)
- Expert in container orchestration & tooling (e.g., Kubernetes)
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
- Good knowledge in product and design methodologies
- Good knowledge in setting up scalable, service-oriented, service- and/or data-mesh architectures
- Understanding of Big Data technologies (Presto, Hive, Spark) & file formats (e.g., Avro, Parquet)
- You thrive when developing outstanding colleagues and amazing products
What we can offer
This is for fulltime positions with placement in Stockholm.
Please apply with CV and cover letter as soon as possible but at the latest 31st of May, as a part of the process you may be asked to complete a test connected to engineering. Interviews will be held continuously. And We love code! So If you have contributed to Github project(s), also send those to us together with the CV. We are more than happy to take a look!