Expansion Manager Asia pacific
- Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Department: COS
COS is a fashion brand for women and men who want timeless, modern, functional and considered design. Offering reinvented classics and wardrobe essentials, we create pieces that are made to last beyond the season. Since launching in 2007 we have opened stores in over 40 countries worldwide, all in carefully considered locations, applying a design concept that preserves the buildings’ original features whilst creating a modern, contemporary space.
We are recruiting a store Portfolio Project Manager to join our APAC regional team.
Reporting to the Regional Managing Director, you are responsible for developing, aligning and managing the expansion within the region, and securing future growth through analysing potential locations and buildings. In this role, you have a strong understanding of the Brand, future business needs, as well as industry tendencies.
- Responsible for strategising and developing expansion through the physical stores (including franchise) to drive and optimise omni growth and profitability
- Maximise future potentials of the region by developing and accomplishing opportunities, driving change to develop the brand
- Collaborate within the Regional Team, creating an efficient and informative workflow towards the set long- and short-term goals
- Co-create with the Head of Growth to align expansion strategy and set short-and long-term targets with omni strategy in mind
- Act as the main point of contact for expansion related matters in the region, ensuring all stakeholders are informed, and provide all with a clear vision for each project/opening
- Collaborate with Brand Management, COS global expansion team, as well as local lease departments to manage the portfolio of existing stores
- Evaluate together with the Interior and the Sales Team the scope of the work required and projecting turnover and potential profit
- Be part of the initial transition period to support operations, working on project basis with other departments for budget set up, merchandising plan, recruitment, and suchlike
- Collaborate with Brand/Market/global expansion to co-ordinate market entry preparation
- Present for final approval business cases before signing for relevant stakeholders
- Coach and educate the market teams in brand specific store and P&L characteristics and evaluate business cases prior to brand approval
- Support, educate & motivate local Expansion teams, visiting countries/locations when needed
- Travel to verify, review, and make decisions on new locations in line with overall expansion strategy, securing growth and expansion targets, aligning market strategy and portfolio actions
- Set and provide P&L and market overall KPIs, including sales and ROI and multichannel analysis as basis
- Evaluate proposed business cases - location, layout, commerciality
- Co-ordinate and secure the outcome of unique expansion opportunities such as pop-ups
- Seek out future business development, retail/fashion industry trends, and develop/adapt new ways of working to create sustainable growth
- Previous experience from leading growth, expansion and/or business analytics role in retail
- A great understanding for sales drivers, store portfolio management as well as experience of the company’s expansion process for BAM stores
- Excellent verbal and written English communication and presentation skills
- A passion for creating growth and playing a key role when working towards business goals
- Proven ability to achieve results working both strategically and operationally
- Willing and able to travel as and when needed
- Lead by example and be a role model for our values as well as an ambassador for the brand
- Communicate in a clear and inspiring way towards colleagues and business partners
We set the bar high at COS; we are committed to offering an environment where talent is recognised and valued. We believe that a diverse workforce plays an important role in the success of COS. We celebrate individual differences and appreciate the contribution that all our colleagues make. Over the last 13 years we have carefully built a culture where our people are supported, inspired and encouraged to be the best they can. Our brand is creative, forward thinking and modern; choosing longevity over passing trends.