Engineering Manager to Analytics and Data Platforms
- Liljeholmsstranden 5, 117 43 Stockholm, Sweden
- Department: H&M Group
Are you a technically skilled leader who is passionate about people and wants to join us on our fantastic journey to make difference. We are now looking for an experienced engineer manager to join us in our new Business Tech organization. Check out this video to meet a few of our colleagues in Business Tech.
We are on an exciting journey to meet and exceed our customers' expectations today, tomorrow and in the future. Rapid technological development and new customer behaviours are transforming the fashion retail industry. To cater the individual needs and desires of our millions of customers, Business Tech delivers technological solutions for the entire value chain for all our brands.
The best ideas evolve when great minds with different perspectives get together. We’re all on the same team in a global environment and we learn from each other. There are endless opportunities to grow – your development is all up to you!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. H&M Group – Business Tech.
H&M is rapidly heading towards the digital future and we need people with a natural proactive drive who wants to make a difference. We are on a journey to bring data and analytics to the forefront of innovation. Our vision is to lead the H&M Group to become the most insight-driven organization on Earth. We will do so by providing relevant and high-quality analytical products and platforms, putting self-service and a world class customer experience as our top priorities. This will be done with an agile mindset and methodology, as well as working closely with all our friends throughout H&M Group. We always keep the customer in focus and our goal is to improve their decisions every day. In the Analytics and Data Platform Product Area our motto is to engage, learn, share, inspire, and have fun.
What you’ll do
As a driven leader, you will play a vital role for us in our mission to make H&M Group a truly data and insight driven company by providing relevant and high-quality analytical products and platforms.
You will be responsible for two teams consisting of 15-20 employees and consultants, both of which work in a full agile and cross-functional setup. You need to be passionate about people in all aspects, from recruiting, developing, coaching, and shaping the team. You need to drive a cultural shift from being reactive and accepting requirements towards actively engaging in the team mission. You do this in close collaboration with the teams Product Owner and Scrum Master, and together you are the trio that supports the teams becoming well-functioning and high performing with people as the center of your joint mission.
You will ensure that we have the best people with the right knowledge at the right time, to build and operate state-of-the-art data processing capabilities fused with engineering excellence.
Moreover, you’ll work closely with your teams to ensure our vendors are performing up to our expectations, resolving any impediments that hinder the development of your team’s products, as well as budget and personnel responsibility.
- Lead and further develop teams towards high-performance and supporting cross-discipline engineers
- Help grow the Analytics & Data Platform product area by creating the platform and tools needed to serve multiple customers
- Define and drive technical strategy and roadmap collaborating with the product teams, operators, and broader organization
- Advocate and implement sustainable best-practices, and develop the technical strategy that will guide the short- and long-term plans
- Provide context, support, and guidance as the team works toward our business objectives by inspiring and not merely directing
- Engage with your product and counterparts to efficiently deliver the desired outcomes
- Align with compliance teams to make sure that you collaboratively provide for the company’s short- and long-term goals
- Lead the development of the technical transformation towards solutions and platforms that serves multiple stakeholders
- Partner with senior leadership to align our efforts in the domain space within the overall products and orders strategy
You are someone who is smart, humble, and passionate in helping shape the agenda for our data enablement future, and will play a key role in our data transformation journey. In order to succeed, we believe that you have previous experience in leading highly technical personnel in an agile software development environment and have previous experience and passion for DevOps. You also have a good understanding of modern tech such as cloud and API centric architecture. You and data are close friends, and you understand the challenges in implementing data and analytical tools.
We believe you are a person that makes an impact, easily engages people, and believes in creating a learning organization. In collaboration with others you help set clear directions for a team. You are a strong leader and act as an ambassador for the organization in how to coach and develop the team. You have strong communication skills, experience with change management, and believe in the power of people. You feel accountability for the work being undertaken and take pride in challenging/changing the status quo. You dare to speak up when necessary and seek input and feedback to improve further. We believe that you are skilled in stakeholder management and great in building a big network within the organization. We think that you;
- have extensive experience leading engineering teams at customer-focused companies
- are well versed in current commerce technologies and practices with a good understanding of creating platforms for multiple stakeholders
- are a fantastic communicator. You can work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and external partners alike
- thrive when developing outstanding colleagues and amazing products
- have good insight into product and design methodologies and are well-versed in data-informed development
- want to make an impact and take on large scale, complex issues
- have experience from successful delivery of high-quality outcomes
- have passion for people and an interest in technology
- are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
Do you think we are a match? We hope so!
Please apply with CV and cover letter the latest 9th of May 2021. In you cover letter please highlight your leadership experience.
This is a fulltime position with placement in Stockholm.
We are looking forward to your application!