Experienced User Researcher – H&M Group
- Årstaängsvägen 13, 117 75 Stockholm, Sweden
- Department: H&M Group
We are looking for a Researcher to join our Product Exploration product area. You are an experienced Researcher with strong communication skills who can coordinate and execute valuable research projects with distilled actionable outputs. You will work across the Product Area supporting a cross product team view of the customer journey and support individual project teams with your professional research capabilities.
Experience Design at H&M Group
At its core, Design is about making things better, and as such, make the world better.
At H&M Group, we consider the needs of present and future generations, and are aware that our entire business must be conducted in a way that is economically, socially and environmentally sustainable. Experience Designers are mission critical as you are tasked with bringing our customers with us by making sure everybody feels welcomed, included and empowered on this journey.
H&M Group has a proud history of design, style and brands reaching millions of customers. And our Experience Designers are tasked with translating this history into beautiful, welcoming and modern digital experiences our customers love.
You will be joining a rapidly growing and diverse team of talented and passionate Experience Designers and will work tightly integrated with cross-functional product teams. You will also collaborate with stakeholders across the business impacting product decisions across H&M, COS, Arket, Weekday, Monki and more, with your design craft, empathy and customer-focused mindset.
Your main responsibility areas
- Bring the customer to life in everybody’s hearts and minds to strengthen the understanding of their needs and wants.
- Help define the vision for our digital experiences by empathizing with our customers and understand the challenges and opportunities within this space
- Plan and propose the right research methodologies and prepare the associated research activities
- Build relationships with users, recruiting participants, scheduling and facilitating moderated and unmoderated, quantitative and qualitative research.
- Iterative usability testing, field visits, contextual enquiry, focus groups, and surveys.
- Capture and document a deep understanding of our customers’ needs, wants, behaviors and emotions in outputs such as personas, empathy maps etc.
- Work with Data analysts to catalogue user feedback, analytics (web, database, server logs) A/B testing, and competitor analysis.
- Shape a shareable understanding of how customers experience our products combined with market insights, technical constraints and business needs to inform the creation of designs that surprises, delights and delivers through amazing experiences.
- Champion and embed research data as a vital element of the product delivery agile life cycle.
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Brand- and Visual Designers, Developers, Product Owners, Business Analysts and other stakeholders.
- Establish metrics and measures for evaluating User Experience.
Your skills & personality
We want you to have at least 5 years’ experience in research and analysis in the digital space. Passionate about understanding the users’ needs, motivations, behaviors and are able to translate them into actionable deliverables. Furthermore we want you to have:
- Empathetic, curious and evidence driven professional.
- Friendly and clear communicator able to build relationships with test subjects and make them feel comfortable and valued in the process.
- Excellent communicator able to articulate design rationale with solid analytical thinking and problem-solving capability - you love to simplify the complex.
- Experience within retail, fashion or comparable consumer brands is nice to have, but not a must.
To succeed in this position and in the H&M culture, we want you to be engaged, open minded and an ambitious team player willing to share and learn.
What we can offer
This is a fulltime position with placement in Stockholm.
At H&M Group we have a strong, value-driven culture characterized by believing in people, teamwork and an entrepreneurial spirit. Here you can be yourself and develop. You’ll be part of an important transformation journey at H&M Group with significant opportunities to influence and make a difference. With the right mindset and ambition, you’ll find plenty of room to grow. We welcome your application regardless of gender, age, gender expressions, sexual orientation, disabilities, religious beliefs, origin or background.
Please apply as soon as possible, no later than 28:th of april. Right now, we are mainly prioritizing designers already living in Sweden.
We are looking forward to your application!
We are on an exciting journey to create experiences our customers love today, tomorrow and in the future. Changes in customer behavior and rapid technological development are transforming the fashion retail industry. To cater the individual needs and desires of our millions of customers, Business Tech delivers effective, efficient and most of all, delightful experiences by joining customer insights, technology expertise and our proud brand history. We believe the best ideas evolve when great minds with different perspectives get together. We’re all on the same team in a global environment and we learn from each other. There are endless opportunities to grow – your development is all up to you!