Senior UI Designer – Design System team, H&M Group
- Årstaängsvägen 13, 117 75 Stockholm, Sweden
- Department: H&M Group
We are looking for a Senior UI Designer to join our brand new Design System team to work on patterns across all our brands touching millions of customers. If you are a natural communicator with a strong visual design foundation, a great eye for details and experienced design craft capabilities - this can be your next challenge!
Experience Design at H&M Group
At its core, Design is about making things better, and as such, make the world better. At H&M Group, we consider the needs of present and future generations, and are aware that our entire business must be conducted in a way that is economically, socially and environmentally sustainable. Experience Designers are mission critical as you are tasked with bringing our customers with us by making sure everybody feels welcomed, included and empowered on this journey.
H&M Group has a proud history of design, style and brands reaching millions of customers. Our Experience Designers are tasked with translating this history into beautiful, welcoming and modern digital experiences our customers love.
You will be joining a rapidly growing and diverse team of talented and passionate Experience Designers and will work tightly integrated with cross-functional product teams. You will also collaborate with stakeholders across the business impacting product decisions across H&M, COS, Arket, Weekday, Monki and more, with your design craft, empathy and customer-focused mindset.
As a key contributor to our Design System team, you champion and conceptualize beautiful visual styles that brings our brand identities to life in our digital products with a focus on cohesion, scalability, usability and accessibility. Other important parts of the role are:
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Brand Designers, Product Teams and other stakeholders and contribute to holistic roadmap with an Agile methodology and mindset.
- Take existing design- and interface best practices and modernise and modify them to suit the needs of our customers and our business.
- Balance the more emotional brand-specific design patterns with more generic cross-brand designs transactional design patterns.
- Bring iconography, typography, colour, visual hierarchy together to great, lovable user interfaces that people find welcoming and exciting to use.
- Create design patterns and guidelines accessible and usable by our product teams.
- Produce high-fidelity and professional design components including motion, transition and animation patterns.
To succeed in the role, you are passionate about understanding the users’ needs, motivations, behaviors and are able to translate them into actionable, scalable deliverables. We also want you to have:
- 5 years of experience with delivering Visual and User Interface Design.
- Excellent communicator with solid analytical thinking and problem-solving capability - you love to simplify the complex
- Experience from working on Design System, Pattern Libraries and UI Guidelines
We think that you are a strong visual thinker with a passion for details. Furthermore we want you to have an eye for understanding brand identities and how they translate to product interfaces. To feel home at H&M, we believe that you are open minded, engaged and an ambitious team player willing to share and learn.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. If you feel that the role is a good match with your background and ambition, please apply with CV and portfolio no later than 28:th of april.
We are on an exciting journey to create experiences our customers love today, tomorrow and in the future. Changes in customer behaviour and rapid technological development are transforming the fashion retail industry. To cater the individual needs and desires of our millions of customers, Business Tech delivers effective, efficient and most of all, delightful experiences by joining customer insights, technology expertise and our proud brand history. We believe the best ideas evolve when great minds with different perspectives get together. We’re all on the same team in a global environment and we learn from each other. There are endless opportunities to grow – your development is all up to you!