Data Scientist to H&M AI Exploration
- Liljeholmsstranden 5, 117 43 Stockholm, Sweden
- Department: H&M Group
Are you a Data Scientist that wants to leverage data science and machine learning to create business value at global scale? Do you want to work with one of the fashion industries biggest data sets and use cutting edge technology?
If the answer is yes, then this is the opportunity for you!
Within AI Exploration and Research, we develop and improve AI methods as well as explore how machine learning can be applied to support decision making in the organization. Our focus is to bring business value and support the direction and next steps for our product teams.
Do what you are most passionate about and drive change together with us! The job of a Data Scientist within the H&M group comes with a lot of responsibility – and lots of fun. Your responsibilities, will include, but are not limited to:
- You will work in collaboration with business stakeholders, analysts and engineers, both within your team and supporting other teams, on creating value from data.
- You will be involved in all stages of projects, from data exploration and building proof of concept to operationalization and handover to other teams.
- You will proactively fetch information from various sources, create data sets and do analysis to better understand current business performance and processes.
- You come up with suggestions on how business processes can be improved with the help of data modeling and what methods can be tested and applied.
- You will design, build, test and iterate proof of concepts, with clear focus on business value and with the desired end product in mind.
- You will take part in researching and developing state-of-the-art methods which can make a big impact on the business.
We believe that you are communicative, strategic and have a determination to never give up. You are a team player, self-sufficient enough to take initiative and have a positive attitude. Apart from that we see that you:
- Have a strong foundation in analytics, mathematical modeling, computer science and mathematics - coupled with an interest in business. You have the ability to understand business pain points and suggest how machine-learning empowered analytical tools can help to solve them.
- Have at least 3 - 5 years working experience in data science where you acquired broad knowledge of different data science techniques and you have working knowledge of Python.
- Our journey will lead to something new and exciting - we will test, fail and learn. Therefore, we believe you are flexible problem-solver and able to work in an environment that is not yet formalized.
In addition we appreciate:
· Experience in operationalizing machine learning models
· Familiarity with best practice software development techniques
What we can offer
At H&M we have a strong, value-driven culture characterized by believing in people, teamwork and an entrepreneurial spirit. Here you can be yourself and have room to grow. You will be part of an important project at H&M with significant opportunities to influence and make a difference. With the right mindset and ambition, you will find plenty of room to grow. We welcome your application regardless of gender, age, gender expressions, sexual orientation, disabilities, religious beliefs, origin or background.
Psst! Do you know that there are several articles written about our AI- journey in global media, here is one article
Do you think we are a match? We hope so!
This is a fulltime position with placement in Stockholm. Please apply with CV and Cover Letter (in English) as soon as possible but at the latest the 21st of March 2021.
We review applications on an ongoing basis. Due to GDPR, we don’t accept applications via email.
We love code! If you have contributed to Github project(s), also send those to us together with the CV. We are more than happy to take a look!
For questions about the position, please contact Talent Acquisitions Partner [email protected]
The H&M group is on an exciting journey to meet and exceed our customers' expectations today, tomorrow and in the future. Rapid technological development and new customer behaviors are transforming the fashion retail industry. To cater the individual needs and desires of our millions of customers, Business Tech will deliver technological solutions for the entire value chain for all our brands.
In Business Tech, we will continuously surprise and delight our customers and accelerate our business - by releasing the power of people, data and technology. We explore new ways of working, have a customer focused mindset, embrace our strong values and release the power of our people to innovate and develop products that make a meaningful impact to customers all over the world