Sales Market Controller Expansion LATAM
- Calle Montes Urales, Lomas - Virreyes, Lomas de Chapultepec III Secc, 11000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, México
- A jornada completa
- Departamento: H&M
Descripción de la empresa
As one of the world’s largest fashion companies with more than 171,000 employees worldwide, H&M is an exciting and dynamic place to pursue a career within the fashion industry. Our business concept is to offer fashion and quality at the best price in a sustainable way and with our fast expansion we are always looking for new talents. Would you like to be part of our team?
H&M group comprises of nine independent brands: H&M, COS, Weekday, Monki, H&M Home, & Other Stories, ARKET and Afound. We have over 4,900 stores across more than 73 markets worldwide.
Our values reflect the heart and soul of H&M. They define what it takes to work here and how we do things. When we interact with colleagues and customers around the world, our values help us develop and grow.
We want to be at the forefront of both fashion and sustainability. Our employees play a key role and can contribute to more sustainable fashion, today and in the future.
Descripción del empleo
As a Sales Market Expansion Controller LATAM, you set and implement controlling routines and strategies for all expansion functions in Latin America. This role will perform trend analysis and prognosis, financial reporting and drive risk management for the expansion function in the US.
The Sales Market Expansion Controller LATAM will work with all Latin America markets and support the collaboration in the local Expansion function.
This position is based in Mexico City, within our Expansion Function and reports to our Regional Head of Expansion Controlling.
Core Responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
- Set and implement controlling routines and strategies for Latin America.
- Support all local Expansion functions in setting clear strategies and goals.
- Translate regional strategies and set tangible goals and targets for your market.
- Ownership of all relevant market data, securing accuracy and relevance.
- Perform and support key analysis on major KPIs (ROI, rent levels, square meter-selling, net investment, operational costs, etc.).
- Monitor and review sales, surplus, operational costs, and CapEx for your market.
- Create, utilize and continuously update benchmark data for budgeting and forecasting purposes.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and business cases to evaluate current and future business opportunities.
- Ensure that accurate information about the project pipeline and portfolio is available to other local departments and the central support organization (planned number of projects, opening/closure dates, project status, etc.).
- Analyze trends and deviations versus budget/targets and draw conclusions on how to improve the result.
- Ownership of all budgets presented for projects and annual budgets for Leasing and C&F (Constriction Construction & Facilities).
- Secure monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements to local, regional and central function for CapEx and OpEx.
- Own local budget and forecasting process and data gathering for Leasing and C&F.
- Work according to the general guidelines to ensure routines and drive improvements/actions in processes, methods and tools to minimize business risks.
- Secure the financial transparency on the highest level and that each team member is aware of its responsibilities and approval rights.
- Work in close collaboration with the Regional Expansion controlling team and Latin America Leasing and C&F functions.
- Support the Latin America Expansion Manager with analysis and business case preparation.
- Support the Latin America C&F Manager with budgets, forecasts, follow-up and analysis.
- Responsible for overseeing a portfolio of 100+ stores representing $550M in sales and $30M+ in rents. Also responsible for maximizing return on annual CapEx investments.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Finance or equivalent work experience.
- 3- 5 years of relevant working experience in a Controlling, Finance or Business Analyst role.
- Prior experience working in auditing, accounting and/or controlling, preferably within the retail sector.
- Experience preparing and presenting financial reporting to Senior Management and other stakeholders.
- Good understanding of accounting and controlling routines principles, and support systems.
- Advanced level in Power BI, MS Teams, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Have a structured way of working, good at conceptualizing ideas and defining conclusions with supporting arguments.
- Enjoys teamwork and effectively collaborates with a group of diverse people in order to achieve set goals and targets.
- Strong business mindset, communicates well and comfortable in making decisions.
- You succeed in your work and make others succeed.
- Fluent written & spoken English.
- Required domestic travel up to 20% of time
This is a full-time assignment based in Mexico City and you will report to the Regional Head of Expansion Controlling Americas. We’re more about personality and competence than qualifications, leadership and values driven approach are key. If you feel your experience, skills and ambitions are right for this role, please send your application latest March 9, 2021 and initiate the dialogue with your current manager.
Note that due to GDPR we only handle applications via our career site.
H&M is committed to creating a Diverse & Inclusive environment and we are actively looking for qualified candidates irrespective of race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability or age.
We look forward receiving your application, CV and cover letter both written in English.