Responsible AI & Data Specialist with a deep technology skillset
- Liljeholmsstranden 5, 117 43 Stockholm, Sweden
- Department: H&M Group
Are you passionate about sustainable and ethical artificial intelligence and data? Do you want to be part of accelerating H&M Group’s work in Responsible AI & Data? Come join us!
We are on an exciting journey to meet and exceed our customers' expectations today, tomorrow and in the future. Rapid technological development and new customer behaviours are transforming the fashion retail industry. To cater the individual needs and desires of our millions of customers, Business Tech delivers technological solutions for the entire value chain for all our brands.
Advanced analytics and artificial intelligence are key focus areas for H&M Group. We have one of the industry’s biggest data sets and we are combining it with advanced analytics to unlock value across the full fashion value chain.
We are committed to working with data and artificial intelligence in a sustainable and ethical way, and our multi-disciplinary Responsible AI & Data team is growing. We are now looking for a Responsible AI & Data Specialist with technology expertise who would like to join us and be part of further accelerating this work.
As a Responsible AI & Data Specialist you will be a central part in driving our efforts within sustainable and ethical AI and data. Our mission is twofold: We are using the power of data and AI to reach H&M Group’s sustainability goals, and we are actively working to prevent causing unintentional harm with our AI and data-driven solutions.
Read more about our work here: Link
The position as Responsible AI & Data Specialist is both fun and challenging. You will work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with some of the best people in advanced analytics and AI, in close collaboration with a variety of domain experts within the company.
We offer you a great opportunity for personal development, and the possibility not only to develop Responsible AI & Data within H&M Group, but also be part of shaping the future and defining what sustainable and ethical AI and data means for the whole retail industry. You would have the satisfaction of knowing that your work has an important impact on both the business and the rest of the world.
Responsible AI & Data is a multi-disciplinary area, bridging the fields of machine learning and data science with law, psychology, ethics and philosophy, human rights and public affairs. You will be a core part of the growing Responsible AI & Data team that is leading H&M Group’s work in sustainable and ethical AI and data.
Your main focus areas will be:
- Be the subject matter expert on technical aspects of Responsible AI & Data and drive internal awareness in this area
- Be part of operationalising, and continuously improving, H&M Group’s Responsible AI & Data framework and tools across the company globally, working in close collaboration with product teams and a broad range of internal stakeholders in areas such as security and data privacy
- Evaluate and implement technical best practices and tools for explainability, transparency, accountability and other relevant aspects of Responsible AI & Data
- Monitor and analyse the latest trends in technical research in this field
- Be part of the strategic work of continuing to build the organisation for Responsible AI & Data
Who you are
To be successful in this role, we believe you have the following qualifications:
- A true passion for shaping the future of sustainable and ethical AI and data
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science or a closely related field
- Experience with machine learning, and understanding of IT architecture and data systems
- A deep understanding of key ethical challenges related to AI and data usage
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience, e.g. working with AI/ML projects, explorative analytics, data and information management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English as well as interpersonal skills including the ability to engage both technical and non-technical audiences
What we can offer
At H&M we have a strong, value-driven culture characterized by believing in people, teamwork and an entrepreneurial spirit. Here you can be yourself and have room to grow. You’ll be part of an important project at H&M with significant opportunities to influence and make a difference. With the right mindset and ambition, you’ll find plenty of room to grow. We welcome your application regardless of gender, age, gender expressions, sexual orientation, disabilities, religious beliefs, origin or background
Psst! Do you know that there are several articles written about our AI- journey in global media, here is one Link
Do you think we are a match? We hope so!
For questions and further information about this position, please contact Head of Responsible AI & Data Linda Leopold at [email protected] Due to the Christmas holidays, please expect a delay in response between December 21 and January 7.
Please apply with CV and personal letter before 13 January, 2021.
We are looking forward to your application!
In Business Tech, we will continuously surprise and delight our customers and accelerate our business - by releasing the power of people, data and technology. We explore new ways of working, have a customer focused mindset, embrace our strong values and release the power of our people to innovate and develop products that make a meaningful impact to customers all over the world