Cloud integration competence lead / software engineer to H&M Business Tech
- Årstaängsvägen 13, 117 75 Stockholm, Sweden
- Avdelning: H&M Group
H&M Business Tech is established to take the lead in changing the fashion industry completely, combining business and technology with innovation to create new business and customer value. We want to release the power of people and believe the best ideas evolve when great minds with different perspectives meet. We believe in our people, and always encourage new ideas and initiatives… Are you up for a challenge? Do you continuously want to surprise and delight our customers?
Are you looking for an opportunity to lead a team of software engineers while also working with the latest in Cloud and API technology? Here you will be building the next generation platform for H&M Business tech while also having a key role as competence lead in the customer commerce delivery area. As a Competence Lead / Software Engineer at H&M Group you will embark on a journey to transform the cloud landscape wile leading a strong team of engineers
About the role
The Competence Lead / Software Engineer role has a dual focus – staff responsibility and delivery. As a Competence Lead you will have staff responsibility for employees within the same/adjacent competence as your own, working in different product teams within the same product area. Your staff responsibility goes across different Product Teams and tasks include development conversations, salary review and other staff related activities. You will support, coach and help your team members grow and develop.
You will work closely with the product owners within the product area, as well as other competence leads, software engineers and business experts. You will collaborate with stakeholders in other product teams/areas and enabling functions, as well as with logistics operations. You will be able to try out your creative and innovative ideas – and have a large impact on how we shape the future of fashion retail logistics.
As a software engineer you are expected to take part of all phases of the software development lifecycle, design, development, test, release and maintenance and translates business needs into working software. Regardless of area, tools or languages, a software engineer builds and configures solutions that are easy to maintain and change, enabling a constant delivery pace to be kept indefinitely. This is achieved through continuous attention to technical excellence and good design, with extensive use of automation
To be successful in this role we believe you are equally passionate about being a leader supporting, coaching and helping your team members grow while also working with cloud solutions, API integrations and automation. Therefore, some of the responsibilities will include:
- Translate product strategy and requirements into suitable, maintainable and scalable solution design according to existing architecture guard rails
- Perform technical and architectural analysis of requirements and impact analysis
- Work operational with API and architectural automation on a daily basis
- Use an experimental mindset to identify, evaluate and recommend alternative design options which take target environment, performance security requirements and existing systems into account
- Have a holistic view of how the solution adds value and ties into the defined business outcomes
- Lead the team in their respective career journeys
- Experience in working with IT/system/solution in preferably large, international organizations working with cloud solutions (Azure), API’s and Microservices
- Proven experience working with automation and scripting
- 5+ years of leadership experience, ability to coach others in a way that enables them to grow professionally and to increase their performance.
- Being flexible, stress-resistant and able to work in an environment that is not yet formalized
- Have a “You build it you run it” mindset – with hands-on experience of DevOps or equivalent
- Experience from using SAFe or other agile methods is an advantage
- Have a degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Having a good understanding of retail and e-commerce
- Being fluent in English both written and verbal
Please apply with CV and cover letter as soon as possible, we will continuously interview candidates for the position until it has been filled.
We do not accept application through email
This is a full-time position based in Marievik, Stockholm.
We look forward to your application!