When you join our client's team as a Maintenance Planner, Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, you will be responsible for planning the work of the maintenance department.
As a leader in the preventive maintenance program, you will demonstrate innovation and constantly look for new ways to be more productive while enhancing health and safety.
In this role, you must ensure maximum equipment uptime and efficiency.
What You'll Do
- Manage the preventive maintenance program while ensuring that health and safety aspects are included in the prevention and corrective action plans.
- Review downtime reports for different sectors and recommend changes.
- Develop and/or monitor performance indicators in your sector. Set ambitious goals to improve these indicators.
- Regularly tour the sawmill.
- When required, attend problem-solving sessions with key stakeholders.
- Implement and/or develop the preventive maintenance program and the work order system.
- Identify priorities for equipment purchases and modifications.
- Plan projects to modify equipment and help the project team as needed.
- In collaboration with the staff concerned, participate in the drafting or review of policies and procedures that affect improvements and cost reductions and increase efficiency.
- Help implement and monitor the inspections, sampling, and testing that ensure finished products meet quality specifications.
- Submit recommendations about decisions on the development of new production standards.
What You Offer
- Technician/Technologist Certificate, Mechanics or maintenance Qualification or equivalent, with at least 5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering + minimum of 1 to 2 years of relevant experience.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills (Outlook and intermediate Excel).
- Excellent analysis and problem solving-skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate engagement, leadership and influencing skills.