- Woodford Green, United Kingdom
Hours: 38 hours per week
Location: Woodford Green – (Loughton until 16.03.2020 due to office move)
Salary: £19,347.00 - £19,734.00
Heritage Care is a charity that provides a range of flexible individualised care and support services for people with learning disabilities, mental health support needs and older people.
We are looking to recruit people who both embody and share our values: People that always behave with integrity and that seek to inspire everyone they come in contact with. People that respect diversity and value inclusiveness. People that constantly
- Organise appointments, meetings, venues, catering and travel & accommodation requirements for Executive Team members (particularly the Director of Finance & IT, Director of HR and Director of Operations & Business Development).
- Type reports, minutes, correspondence etc., including mailings to service users, relatives and staff.
- Assist with expenses and credit card reconciliations for Executive Team members if required.
- Communicate with external and internal contacts over
- Deal with incoming complaints at head office in accordance with the organisation’s Suggestions, Complaints & Compliments Procedure, record on spread sheet, forward to relevant Manager/Director for action and progress chase as necessary to ensure timely responses.
- Co-ordinate the monthly monitoring process for complaints and compliments from all services and ensure data is recorded and analysed as necessary.
- Co-ordinate the monthly monitoring process for safeguarding alerts for all services and ensure data is recorded and analysed as necessary.
- Produce quarterly summary of complaints and safeguarding data for the regional performance dashboards.
- Administer the Data Protection/GDPR procedure, ensure timely acknowledgement and responses to data requests and assist with gathering information in support of the Data Protection Officer (Director of Finance & IT).
- Attend quarterly Joint Staff Consultation Forum (JSCF) meetings and take notes. Provide other administrative assistance to the JSCF as required.
- Convert various documents into accessible format for people with learning disabilities.
The duties of this post as given above are indicative only as the postholder will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to the role.
Essential Personal Specification:
- Good general education at least to GCSE standard or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ administrative/ secretarial experience at Senior Manager/Director level.
- Strong IT skills to include: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to take action notes and formal minutes of meetings.
- Ability to manage time and exercise judgment in order to balance conflicting priorities and progress chase when necessary.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise.
- Ability to respect sensitive situations and appropriately manage confidential information.
- Understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities.
- Flexible and helpful approach.
- Reliable and contentious.
- Discrete when handling confidential or sensitive situations.
- Willingness to learn and undertake training and development as required.
Desirable Personal Specification:
- Care and/or voluntary sector experience.
- Basic knowledge of Data Protection/GDPR.
- Understanding of the support needs of different client groups.
- 22 days plus 8 bank holidays Annual leave entitlement
- Ongoing training and progression opportunities
- We operate a free Health Service Discount scheme. Which gives discounts on many retailers
- We offer a free Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to all our staff. This offers a variety of support services
Experience: senior administrative: 2 years (Required)
Education: GCSE or equivalent (Required)