- Sutton, United Kingdom
Location: Sutton, Surrey
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:30am –3:30pm
Are you looking for more than a job?
Are you looking for a fun, meaningful career with an award-winning employer?
Then look no further!
We are looking for Support Workers to work closely with our Service Users in the Sutton area to make each day exciting, active and unique!
This is an opportunity to work in the community with our fantastic Service Users, supporting and getting fully involved in activities such as:
- Arts and Crafts
- Sports Activates
- Beauty Therapy
- Day Trips
As a Support Worker at our Day Services, you will need to develop warm and trusting relationships with people with learning disabilities to help them to lead fulfilling and independent lives.
No two days are the same! All travel to and from activates is provided while on shift.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of supporting adults in a care setting or in the community
- An awareness and understanding of Learning Disabilities
- Good communication skills, patience and flexibility
- An understanding of safeguarding and person-centred support
Experience is desirable, however, is not essential, as we offer full training for all our Support Staff. In return for your hard work, we provide:
- 28 days per annum (pro-rata for part time hours worked)
- Ongoing training and progression opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- We operate a free Health Service Discount scheme. Which gives discounts on many retailers
- We offer a free Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to all our staff. This offers a variety of support services
Due to many of our Service Users being Male in this facility, preferably Male Applicants would be desirable.