Support Worker Learning Disabilities
- Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
Locations: Knowle Avenue
Salary: £8.25 Per hour (£8.75 after probation)
Hours: Part-Time, 35 hours per week, a flexible working pattern required
Are you looking for a job where you can make a positive impact?
Do you enjoy working closely with Service Users and building relationships?
Then look no further.
As a Support Worker, you will need to develop warm and trusting relationships with people with learning disabilities to help them to lead fulfilling and independent lives. No two days are the same, you will be supporting the tenants with personal care and to undertake household chores, including planning and preparing meals to supporting them in leisure, inside and outside of the home.
We are looking for a committed, reliable member to join the team in helping these tenants live independently in their Supported Living home.
Our ideal Support Worker candidate will have:
- Experience of supporting adults in a care setting or in the community
- Experience of supporting service users with autism and epilepsy
- An awareness and understanding of Learning Disabilities
- Good communication skills, patience and flexibility
- An understanding of safeguarding and person-centred support
- A flexible working pattern (potentially to accompany SU’s on their holidays)
- An NVQ in Health & Social Care, or relevant qualification
Experience is desirable, however, is not essential, as we offer full training for all of our Support Staff.
In return for your hard work, as a Support Worker we offer:
- 22 days paid holiday per annum + bank holidays
- Ongoing training and progression opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- We operate a free Health Service Discount scheme. Which gives discounts on many retailers, including: Superbreak, Jet2holidays, Virgin, Haven, Apple, Clarks, Sky, Halfords, Café Rouge, Nando’s,Matalan & the RAC to name but a few!
- We offer a free Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to all our staff. This offers a variety of support services including free counselling and advice and support on any worries you may have.
Experience: Support Environment: 1 year (Preferred)
Location: Bexley, Greater London (Preferred)
Licence: NVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care (Preferred)