iOS / Android Engineer
- 503 Murray St, Perth WA 6000, Australia
This is your chance to join a team of forward-thinking, change-making individuals transforming healthcare experiences. Operating at the intersection of two fast-growing industries – health and tech – you’ll play an active role in shaping the future of healthcare in Australia.
The main purpose of this position is to build, maintain and support the HealthEngine mobile application as part of the larger development team.
- Work as part of a product team to deliver high-quality and high-performing experiences to hundreds of thousands of users
- Collaborate with other developers and designers to build innovative and delight-filled solutions
- Suggest ideas to help increase developer velocity and better user experiences
Our ideal candidate will flourish in a rapidly-changing agile environment. They will thrive in a tech culture where radical candour is applied, be open-minded, collaborative, and follow-through on their commitments. They’ll bring strong presentation and communication skills, communicating clearly and effectively with both technical and non-technical minds.
We are looking for either a strong iOS or Android (or both) engineer with some exposure to the other platform and willingness to expand your knowledge to it.
Experience you’ll bring if you are an iOS engineer:
- 2+ years of iOS application development experience
- Strong understanding of Swift
- Strong understanding of native iOS application architecture, frameworks, and the SDK / Xcode
- Have contributed to at least one app developed and published on to the App Store
- Android development experience is a plus
Experience you’ll bring if you are an Android engineer:
- 2+ years of Android application development experience
- Strong understanding of Kotlin
- Strong understanding of native Android architecture, frameworks, and the SDK/Android Studio
- Have contributed to at least one app developed and published on to the Google Play Store
- iOS development experience is a plus
At HealthEngine, we’re on a mission to transform healthcare in Australia. HealthEngine is Australia’s consumer healthcare platform, creating an exceptional patient experience by bringing all healthcare providers into one, connected network. We allow patients to find and book healthcare practitioners at the touch of a button, 24/7, while providing practices with the tools and technology to improve their patients’ experience. We believe that by creating a more connected, immediate and simple ecosystem, we can improve health outcomes for everyone.
What’s on Offer
HealthEngine is where you’ll be your best self. You’ll collaborate with smart, interesting people who will challenge you to be better. You will learn a lot and grow even more. There’s no limit to your progress — your future’s what you make of it.
- A diverse culture of smart creative individuals who are passionate about HealthEngine’s mission and vision
- An open-plan office with a variety of spaces for working and socialising
- Flexible working arrangements, including remote work
- Regular social events, hackathons, a huge end of year celebration and more
Diversity and Inclusion
HealthEngine believes in the power of a diverse workforce and are fully committed to building and maintaining an inclusive culture. We believe that our differences can create new ideas, offer unique perspectives and speak on behalf of all of our customers and consumers. If you think you have what it takes but don't check all the boxes, reach out anyway - we’d love to hear from you!