- 2319 7th St W, St Paul, MN 55116, USA
At Highland Chateau we are dedicated to awakening our communities to the positive possibilities of life’s next chapters. Our team is committed to providing comfort, promoting independence, and nurturing the interests of the seniors we serve, every day. Come Join Us!
This position is responsible for the day to day operations of the facility regarding equipment, physical plant, and safety systems. To develop and implement a maintenance and/or plant operations department which supports a preventative program and oversees all the repairs within the facility. This position exercises discretion and independent judgment in regards to matters of significance.
- Directs and participates in the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Directs and sees to completion repairs to the physical plant and all equipment not covered by outside service contracts in accordance with blueprints, operation manuals and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Oversees and performs preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Oversees and performs tasks such as: painting, salt, sanding and shoveling of the grounds, tree trimming, and weeding.
- Oversees and performs installation, replacement, repairs and calibrates pneumatic control systems, thermostats, receiver-controller, fire/smoke alarm system, modulation valves, damper motors, and other systems.
- Uses the maintenance logs on all stations to determine what needs to be repaired and the schedule for repairs.
- Oversees that all audits, drills, and other safety tests / items are completed timely and are in compliance.
- Monitors the maintenance repair log for equipment and other items throughout the community.
- Able to mix chemicals according to the manufacturer recommendations and with the use of safety equipment.
- Check stock supplies as needed and see items are available within budget.
- May assist with moving residents quickly and efficiently to accommodate new admissions on the same day and putting items away according to the resident’s wishes.
- Plans and develops the maintenance program (including preventative) so that it meets state and federal regulations.
- Ensure the appearance of the facility is neat and clean.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited technical school program in heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, or related field.
- Experience in machine shop practice, basic electricity, plumbing and ventilation.
- Long-term care experience is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Boiler license to meet long-term care requirements.
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.