- 2175 E Park Ave, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729, USA
America’s seniors and health care workers need you right now! Join us on the front lines in our senior living and care communities to make a real difference
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Do you have the passion and skills to make a difference? If so, we encourage you to join our team at the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls! Veterans are also encouraged to apply.
The Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls is a 72-bed veterans’ skilled nursing facility in Chippewa Falls, WI. In keeping with a forward-looking model of care, our center's neighborhood concept creates an enriching and more homelike environment that helps our residents and members more easily develop a social network, participate in activities, and navigate to destinations within the household. We’re thrilled with the notion of being able provide care and service to this deserved population in such a truly amazing environment.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Hospitality Aide will assist with the day-to-day activities in providing support to residents, nursing assistants, housekeeping, culinary and activities staff in order to provide high quality care.
COMMON CORE ROLES
· Commitment to the Mission, Vision, Values
o Exhibits attitudes and behaviors that show a commitment to meeting and exceeding customer expectations at all times
o Demonstrates commitment to the core values of hospitality, stewardship, integrity, respect, and humor.
o Utilize the mission, vision, and values to determine priorities.
· Customer Experience
o Provides exceptional customer service to residents, families, and co-workers on a daily basis by:
§ Listening attentively, empathetically and following up to concerns expressed by residents, families, and coworkers.
o Maintains professionalism and composure when interacting with management, employees, residents and families by:
§ Complying with all privacy policies and procedures.
§ Being inclusive and respectful.
§ Working well with others.
o Effectively presents and communicates information and responds to questions from co-workers, residents, families, state auditors and the general public as deemed appropriate for the position.
· Quality of Care
o Accurately and timely completes position specific core roles and responsibilities that impact overall quality of care.
o Ensures that residents receive the best care possible by encouraging open communication with the management team, direct care personnel, residents and families.
o Basic comprehension of 5-star rating and how it relates to position specific roles and responsibilities.
o Follows all community policies and procedures related to investigating, reporting and preventing abuse of vulnerable adults.
KEY POSITION SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Cooperates with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other facility personnel to ensure that nursing services can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
· Assists nursing team with serving meals, snacks and fluids (not providing cares).
· Ensures rooms are cleaned, organized and sanitized.
· Assists housekeeping and nursing with preparing rooms for new admissions.
· Makes beds– attach the resident call lights so it is easily accessible if the resident returns to their room.
· Stocks resident rooms with wipes, clean washcloths, clean towels, gloves, etc.
· Cleans unit refrigerators per established process.
· Answers call lights, serving residents when able and finding qualified staff when necessary.
· May transport residents (to and from meals, activities) if able per community / state regulations.
· Takes linen to the laundry room as needed.
· Picks up dirty/used trays, glasses, and cups in residents rooms and dining areas.
· Unit cleaning duties as instructed by team leads or unit managers.
· Completes daily task sheet and returns to unit manager.
· Attends and participates in scheduled training and educational classes as required.
· Immediately reports all accidents and incidents observed.
· Immediately reports all changes in the resident condition to the Nurse.
· Answers phones as necessary.
· Follows work assignments, and/or work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks.
· Questions nurse and management team immediately it any task that could be considered out of scope or as providing cares to a resident is asked to be completed.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Language / Communication Skills
o Ability to read, write, speak, listen and understand the English language.
o Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
o Ability to effectively present and communicate information and respond to questions.
· Reasoning Ability
o Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
o Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Computer Skills
o Computer proficiency with software programs and the ability to learn new computer technology and programs.
· Mathematical Skills
o Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Basic knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to assist in the treatment of resident injuries, diseases, and deformities.
· Social Perceptiveness:
- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
o High school diploma or equivalent.
o Previous experience in a long-term care or other healthcare environment.
· Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
· Availability & Attendance
o Flexible work schedule (mornings, afternoons, nights, weekends, holidays, etc.)
o Follows all attendance policies and procedures, including proper timeclock usage.
o Compliance with infectious disease policies and procedures related to, but not limited to tuberculosis screening of health-care workers.
Staff of the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls are employed by Dimensions Management of Chippewa Falls, LLC which is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified
applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status. .
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, a disabled veteran, or an individual that has other barriers that limit your ability to access our on-line application system, please contact Human Resources to discuss alternative ways to apply for open positions.
No need to fill out an application at this time. Simply upload your resume or fill in your work history via the "Im Interested" link to apply.