Culinary Aide (Dietary Aide) *Part-time
- 2319 7th St W, St Paul, MN 55116, USA
At Highland Chateau we are dedicated to awakening our communities to the positive possibilities of life’s next chapters. Our team is committed to providing comfort, promoting independence, and nurturing the interests of the seniors we serve, every day. Come Join Us!
The position is responsible for assisting the Dietary Director / Dietary Manager and the Cook in the preparation and serving of food in the community. In this position the dietary aide will deliver food, ensure regulatory requirements are met in regards to dietary standards, and ensure sanitary conditions in the kitchen all dining areas. This position must be friendly, action orientated and customer focused at all times. Responsibilities may include:
- Operate dish machine to wash dishes, glasses, cups, trays, and silverware and record temperatures to ensure compliance.
- Ensure proper drying and storage of dishes, glasses, cups, trays, and silverware.
- Clean dish machine, dish room area, assigned work areas, equipment, and follow the cleaning schedule.
- Wash pots, pans, and processing equipment according to manufacture recommendations.
- Assist with meal service as assigned.
- Clean and sanitize food delivery equipment.
- Assist in monitoring preparation and service area in sanitary condition.
- Deliver and transport trays to serving areas or to residents and return trays to clean-up.
- Prepare and deliver between meal nourishments.
- Work as part of a team on tray line.
- Assist with putting stock away and ensure proper dating and rotation of stock to reduce waste.
- Assist in training and orientation of new personal.
- Attend in-service training sessions and staff meetings.
- Completes all other tasks and related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous food service experience preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential in accordance with / according to EEO guidelines.