Head Cook / Kitchen Manager
- 1109 Lundorff Dr, Sandstone, MN 55072, USA
Golden Horizons Assisted Living of Sandstone is looking for caring, compassionate professionals to join our Culinary team for an exciting leadership opportunity!
Now Hiring Head Cook/Kitchen Manager!
- Full-Time (Mon-Fri, AM/Daytime Hours)!
- Avg Starting Pay (DOE): hourly from $14.00 to $17.41 and up
Our assisted living community in Sandstone is a place where conversations and welcoming faces are easy to come by. You will find that our apartments and health care combine independence for an active and social lifestyle with personal care in a warm, noble setting. It's a place where both our residents and employees feel at home - with care options from Assisted and Independent Living to Memory Care, as well as a supportive, rewarding work environment, and fulfilling career opportunities for our staff. Come join us and help our mission of providing the best possible health, happiness and well-being for each of our residents.
This position is responsible for maintaining and developing relationships and ensuring the satisfaction of all aspects of food production. Responsibilities include planning menus (including but not limited to methods, timetables and costs to support the strategic planning process), maintaining the highest level of service and delivery quality, and preparation of food on a large scale basis according to specific policies, procedures, menus and standardized recipes. This position will supervise other Cook(s)/Culinary staff.
KEY POSITION SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs daily operations of food production, including menu planning, purchasing, ordering, inventory and food preparation to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
- Directs kitchen personnel engaged in preparing, cooking and serving food.
- Oversees the preparation, portioning, garnishing, presentation and safe storage of food and solves menu problems (e.g. recipe substitutions).
- Ensures that kitchen, equipment, storage facilities and dining room are sanitary, neat and organized.
- Trains other culinary team members on culinary skills and serves as technical expert.
- Probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate resource when necessary.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback and performance evaluations to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate.
- Ensures licenses and certification are current for employees.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as company policies and procedures
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by ensuring compliance with safety and loss prevention programs and with standards.
- Manages the budget by controlling costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, materials), complying with budget requirements and making adjustments when necessary.
- Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
- Highschool Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Technical, Trade, or Vocational School Degree in culinary arts or related field (preferred)
- Two (2) years of experience in the area of institutional Food Service management
- One (1) year lead/supervisory experience.
- ServSafe certification
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.