Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- 2319 7th St W, St Paul, MN 55116, USA
At Highland Chateau we are dedicated to awakening our communities to the positive possibilities of life’s next chapters. Our team is committed to providing comfort, promoting independence, and nurturing the interests of the seniors we serve, every day. Come Join Us!
This position is responsible for providing assigned residents with routine daily nursing cares in accordance with established facility nursing care procedures as trained and directed by the Director of Nursing (DON), Registered Nurse (RN), Unit Manager and/or other licensed nurse. Responsibilities may include:
- Follows resident care/treatment plans, documents noted changes in a resident’s physical, psychosocial, mental, or emotional conditions according to community policy and procedure.
- Understands residents’ charts, doctor’s orders and residents’ plan of care.
- Complies with long-term care federal and state laws, rules, and regulations.
- Follow standard precautions and works within OSHA guidelines.
- Ensure that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring, compassionate and dignified manner which recognizes the individual’s needs and rights.
- Remains aware and takes special precautions to ensure a clean, safe environment for residents and staff.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living (ADL) in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort, under the direction of a licensed nurse.
- Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding accurate performance of vital signs, weights, bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, using speech, language, or other functional communication system etc.
- Answers resident call lights promptly for assigned residents and willingly supports team in answering call lights for unassigned residents.
- Turns, lifts, positions and transports residents into and out of bed, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, according to care plan.
- Assist resident in transferring using a transfer belt, device or appropriate lift whiling maintaining resident safety at all times. Willingly supports team in use of two person lifts, etc.
- Ensure the residents are clean, neatly dressed, and well-groomed.
- Assists the resident with the restorative nursing program including but not limited to, passive and active range of motion and ambulation as appropriate.
- Reports proactively and promptly to the nurse any illnesses, rashes, bruises, changes in the resident’s overall physical, psychosocial, mental, or emotional conditions / status.
- Delivers meals and assists residents with eating. Records accurate food and fluid intake.
- Report any chewing or swallowing difficulty to the nurse on duty.
- Attend and participate in scheduled nursing meetings.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) program at an accredited school, college or university. Must have an active CNA license / registration in good standing on the state registry.
- Previous experience as a CNA (preferred but not required).
Wage Range: $14.00 - $17.73 per hour
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.