Cook- Cedar Community
- 5595 Co Rd Z, West Bend, WI 53095, USA
An exciting opportunity awaits you to join our exceptional, 5 star team at Cedar Community, Washington County’s third largest employer! Cedar Community is the only not for profit engaged retirement living community with a full care continuum (independent living, assisted living, memory care, and skilled nursing) located in Elkhart Lake and West Bend.
Consider making a difference and joining our team of outstanding professionals who are dedicated to serving our community where residents live with purpose and dignity.
The Cedar Valley Cook position provides assistance in the day-to-day operations at Cedar Valley. The central focus of Cedar Valley staff and facilities is serving our guests. Each staff person is a member of a team to fulfill our mission and satisfy our guests.
Casual hours including evenings and weekends. Schedule is posted at least one month in advance!
- Prepare breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for guests when scheduled.
- Maintain and follow recipes.
- Clean kitchen including, but not limited to, dishes and mopping floor at end of each shift when scheduled.
- Set up buffet line and assist with serving of meals when scheduled.
- Clean tables, and chairs in dining room, including vacuuming dining room after meals, when scheduled.
- Set up tables for next scheduled meal as assigned.
- Maintain guest coffee table throughout the day as scheduled.
- Store food properly and practice safe food handling.
- Receive and place food deliveries in proper storage.
- Any other duties as assigned by Director/Guest Services Manager/Guest Service V.
EDUCATION High School Graduate or equivalent
EXPERIENCE Six month to one year related experience, cooking experience preferred.
Must be able to operate a variety of food service equipment including, but not limited to, steam jacketed kettle, steamer, braising pan, convection oven, cook and hold oven, slicer, mixer, grinder, proofing box, grill, broiler, coffee maker, blender, food processor and dishwasher.
- Autonomy – Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication, Oral/Written – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Creative – Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Enthusiastic – Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Friendly – Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Innovative – Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Patience – Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
- Project Management – Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Sales Ability – Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of product,
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Training – Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
We offer excellent benefits including:
- Job advancement
- Flexible schedules
- Referral bonuses
- PTO-Available after 90 days of employment
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (for those working 30 hours or more per week)
- Company paid life, short and long term disability insurance
- On site Walk In Clinic FREE to team members
- Walking trails to enjoy
- Cafe and gift shops
- Fitness center
- and much more!