RN Nurse Manager (Full Time)
- 2319 7th St W, St Paul, MN 55116, USA
Highland Chateau Health + Rehabilitation Center is always searching for talented and energetic employees who will make a difference in the lives of area seniors - it’s something we call Caring Above and Beyond. Come join us!
- Counsels employees and initiates disciplinary action as necessary.
- Acts as a mediator in staffing.
- Encourages open communication between nursing staff on all shifts and cooperative relationships with other departments.
- Ensure that all nurses understand the resident care plan, how to use equipment, and how to perform assigned duties.
- Team player with an interest and enthusiasm for the total functioning of the nursing facility.
- Serves as a role model for nursing employees.
Fiscal Responsibility/Financial Profitability
- Participates in the decision to accept residents for admission based on treatment needs, cost-analysis and bed availability.
- Assists in preparing and administering the budget for the department.
- Assist DON in ensuring that staff are working their shifts as outlined on the master schedule (avoid overtime when possible and late punches-in or out).
Clinical Processes & Procedures
- Ensure that resident’s charts are updated and free of errors.
- Openly communicate with the Medical Director and DON relating to resident diagnoses and treatment plans.
- Assist with continuing education meetings for nursing staff.
- Help develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures related to resident care.
- Makes walking rounds between shifts and whenever necessary to supervise and monitor work performance in terms of member care, staff regulations and efficiency of service.
- Assist DON in reviewing daily census to ensure that residents nursing needs are met by assigning a sufficient number of staff for each shift in accordance with the budget.
- Report occupational exposures to needle sticks, blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with facility policy and procedures governing accidents and incidents.
- Participates in all inspections of nursing care by outside agencies and will be responsible for gathering information needed by inspectors from an assigned unit.
- Inspect resident charts to ensure that there are no holes or errors.
- Complete all documentation as recommended by Federal and State Guidelines.
- Ensure that reportable events are communicated to the DON and state in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that nursing notes are informative and complete regarding the cares and services provided to the resident.
- Assist the DON in reviewing all nursing personnel certifications and license to ensure that they are valid.
- Successful completion of a Registered Nursing (R.N.) program at an accredited school, college or university.
- Registered Nurse with minimum of 2 years of experience in nursing in a long term care or rehabilitation nursing.
- Overall understanding of MDS/RAI process, Case Mix, and Medicare/PPS.
- Knowledge and experience in member assessment, developing care plans, utilizing the nursing process and coordinating interdepartmental efforts in achieving quality outcomes.
- Strong clinical skills including assessment and treatment interventions for a variety of diseases/illness.
- Broad based health care operational expertise with understanding of financial analysis, negotiations with both oral and written communication.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have and maintain an active R.N. license / registration in good standing on the state registry.
Availability & Attendance
- Flexible work schedule (mornings, afternoons, nights, weekends, holidays, etc.) which may include hours beyond eight hours in a day, or 40 hours in a week.
- Follows all attendance policies and procedures, including punctuality and proper timesheet usage.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.