Dining Assistant, Cedar Community
- 5595 Co Rd Z, West Bend, WI 53095, USA
An exciting opportunity awaits you to join our exceptional, 5 star team at Cedar Community, Washington County’s third largest employer! Cedar Community is the only not for profit engaged retirement living community with a full care continuum (independent living, assisted living, memory care, and skilled nursing) located in Elkhart Lake and West Bend.
Consider making a difference and joining our team of outstanding professionals who are dedicated to serving our community where residents live with purpose and dignity.
Provide gracious meal service to residents and guests in the Dining Room by taking orders and delivering meals in a relaxed, friendly and timely manner. Maintain beauty and cleanliness of the Dining Room and service area.
$1,000.00 Loyalty Bonus!!
Limited part time, 9 – 12 hours per week from 4:00-7:30pm with an every other weekend and holiday rotation.
Part Time, AM shift from 7:00am-3:00pm, 30 hours/week with an every other weekend and holiday rotation. BENEFITS ELIGIBLE, including: health, dental, vision, 401k, PTO and many more!!
- Set up Dining Room for guests placements, napkins, cups, saucers, salt and pepper shakers, sugar caddie, centerpieces, silverware, ice water, menus or other related items.
- Set up work stations--make coffee, turn on coffee warmers, fill ice bin, water pitchers, restock glasses, cups, saucers, doilies, silverware, napkins, placements.
- Portion salads and desserts, per menu.
- Open/close Dining Room as scheduled.
- Seat and wait on residents and guests, taking orders and serving per requests/ procedures.
- Check back to ascertain satisfaction with meals as served.
- Clear, clean and reset tables as needed.
- Wash and store dishes, silverware, cups, glasses, dishes, etc. and store all food and beverages per established procedures.
- Maintain use and care of equipment and supplies and cleanliness and appearance of work areas.
- Report to the Food Service Coordinator any residents who may be of concern diet adherence, menu selections, food consumption or other concerns.
- Attend staff meetings and professional education seminars as scheduled.
- Provide assistance to other departments as needed to provide on-going programs and services at Cedar Bay.
- Adhere to Cedar Campuses and departmental policies, philosophies and procedures.
- Assist Cook in charge to prepare food for the residents and/or special events on an as needed basis.
- Assist Cook in Charge in serving the meal to residents, guests.
- Assist Cook in Charge in serving at special events on an as needed basis.
- Assist Cook in Charge with cleaning duties required to clean and maintain all kitchen areas according to policy and state code.
- Be able to work in and around heat and high temperatures while performing duties properly.
- Able to follow, remember, and complete resident/guest orders and requests, and requirements throughout shift.
- Able to work with the elderly; good interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
- Assures resident safety.
- Must have the ability to work with a wide variety of people, particularly the elderly.
- Previous food service/wait staff experience is desirable.
- Must be able to communicate in English both orally and in writing.
We offer excellent benefits including:
- Job advancement
- Flexible schedules
- Referral bonuses
- PTO-Available after 90 days of employment
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (for those working 30 hours or more per week)
- Company paid life, short and long term disability insurance
- On site Walk In Clinic FREE to team members
- Walking trails to enjoy
- Cafe and gift shops
- Fitness center
- and much more!