Life Enrichment Director
- 2175 E Park Ave, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729, USA
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Do you have the passion and skills to make a difference? If so, we encourage you to join our team at the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls! Veterans are also encouraged to apply.
The Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls is a 72-bed veterans’ skilled nursing facility in Chippewa Falls, WI. In keeping with a forward-looking model of care, our center's neighborhood concept creates an enriching and more homelike environment that helps our residents and members more easily develop a social network, participate in activities, and navigate to destinations within the household. We’re thrilled with the notion of being able provide care and service to this deserved population in such a truly amazing environment.
This position is responsible for directing the development, implementation, supervision and ongoing evaluation of the activities program. This includes the completion and/or directing/delegating the completing of the activities component of the comprehensive assessment; and contributing to and/or directing/delegating the contribution to the comprehensive care plan goals and approaches that are individualized to match the physical, psychosocial, spiritual, mental and emotional skills, abilities, interests and preferences of each resident. This position exercises discretion and independent judgment in regards to matters of significance.
KEY POSITION SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Meeting the Activity and Social Needs of Members
- Involves residents and family in the development of activity scheduling; regularly solicits feedback from residents, staff and families on activity offerings.
- Ensures all needed supplies and equipment, transportation to and from events outside the facility are secured.
- Schedules group/individualized activities at a time that would provide maximum involvement by interested residents and family including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ensures at the completion of programs areas are clean and free from debris.
- Creates monthly program schedule that can be dispersed to residents and ensures current and timely placement of events on proper bulletin boards.
- Supervises and assists residents in the daily scheduled activities.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of group/individualized programs/activities.
- If applicable, organizes facility worship services including but not limited to monthly memorial services, weekly worship, and holiday worship services.
- Assists residents with accessing, composing and/or sending mail or email.
- Ensures mail is delivered appropriately to residents.
- Assume a leadership role and organization role in the celebration of individual resident’s birthdays
- Assists in recruiting outside groups to entertain in the facility.
- Develops and maintains an active volunteer program which involves screening, training and supervision of volunteers.
- Assist in planning and implementation of the annual recognition event for facility volunteers.
- Organizes, conducts, and displays thematic/ holiday decorations throughout the facility.
- Assists in maintaining current organizational systems or special needs lists (i.e. religion, birthdays, histories, dietary restrictions, etc.
Supporting the Care of Members
- Attends and participates in care plan meetings, in-service training programs and other meeting as assigned.
- Reports any changes in resident behavior, physical status, safety hazards and/or procedural difficulties to the appropriate team members.
- Reports attendance and refusals to Nursing Staff and Leadership Team as required.
- Attends resident council meetings when invited and report any grievances to the leadership team.
Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a related field to healthcare / recreation.
- Experience in a social or recreational program within the last 5 years, 1 of which was full-time in a patient activities program in a health care setting; or
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations in relation to long-term care.
- Knowledgeable of community resources and health care agencies.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Preferred: Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) or Activity Professionals Certified which includes Activity Directors, Activity Assistant and Activity Consultants Certified (ADC, AAC & ACC); or
- two years of experience; or
- Licensed Occupations Therapist or Occupational Therapist Assistant
- Valid Driver’s License in the state of the community.
Staff of the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls are employed by Dimensions Management of Chippewa Falls, LLC which is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified
applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status. .
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, a disabled veteran, or an individual that has other barriers that limit your ability to access our on-line application system, please contact Human Resources to discuss alternative ways to apply for open positions.
No need to fill out an application at this time. Simply upload your resume or fill in your work history via the "Im
Interested" link to apply.