CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant)
- 2175 E Park Ave, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729, USA
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Do you have the passion and skills to make a difference? If so, we encourage you to join our team at the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls! Veterans are also encouraged to apply.
The Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls is a new, 72-bed veterans’ skilled nursing facility in Chippewa Falls, WI. The center, a twenty million dollar, 78,000 square foot single-story structure, opened February 2013.
In keeping with a forward-looking model of care, the center will have two “neighborhoods,” each having two 18-bed “households.” The neighborhood concept creates a more homelike environment that makes it easier
for members to develop a social network, participate in activities, and navigate to destinations within the household. The community is equipped with state of the art technology and is truly world class in its design,
functionality, and overall sense of community. We’re thrilled with the notion of being able provide care and service to this deserved population in such a truly amazing environment.
***NEW, HIGHER WAGES!*** $12.55 - $14.43 hourly (*depending on experience)
This position is responsible for providing assigned residents with routine daily nursing cares in accordance with established facility nursing care procedures as trained and directed by the Director of Nursing (DON), Registered Nurse (RN), Unit Manager and/or other licensed nurse. Responsibilities may include:
- Follows resident care/treatment plans, documents noted changes in a resident’s physical, psychosocial, mental, or emotional conditions according to community policy and procedure.
- Understands residents’ charts, doctor’s orders and residents’ plan of care.
- Complies with long-term care federal and state laws, rules, and regulations.
- Follow standard precautions and works within OSHA guidelines.
- Ensure that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring, compassionate and dignified manner which recognizes the individual’s needs and rights.
- Remains aware and takes special precautions to ensure a clean, safe environment for residents and staff.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living (ADL) in a manner conducive to their safety and comfort, under the direction of a licensed nurse.
- Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding accurate performance of vital signs, weights, bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, using speech, language, or other functional communication system
- Answers resident call lights promptly for assigned residents and willingly supports team in answering call lights for unassigned residents.
- Turns, lifts, positions and transports residents into and out of bed, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, according to care plan.
- Assist resident in transferring using a transfer belt, device or appropriate lift whiling maintaining resident safety at all times. Willingly supports team in use of two person lifts, etc.
- Ensure the residents are clean, neatly dressed, and well-groomed.
- Assists the resident with the restorative nursing program including but not limited to, passive and active range of motion and ambulation as appropriate.
- Reports proactively and promptly to the nurse any illnesses, rashes, bruises, changes in the resident’s overall physical, psychosocial, mental, or emotional conditions / status.
- Delivers meals and assists residents with eating. Records accurate food and fluid intake.
- Report any chewing or swallowing difficulty to the nurse on duty.
- Attend and participate in scheduled nursing meetings.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) program at an accredited school, college or university. Must have an active CNA license / registration in good standing on the state registry.
- Previous experience as a CNA (preferred).
Starting pay range: $12.55 - $14.43 per hour (*depending on experience)
Full-Time and Part-Time openings available (Days, Evenings, NOC)
Staff of the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls are employed by Dimensions Management of Chippewa Falls, LLC which is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified
applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status. .
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, a disabled veteran, or an individual that has other barriers that limit your ability to access our on-line application system, please contact Human Resources to discuss alternative ways to apply for open positions.
No need to fill out an application at this time. Simply upload your resume or fill in your work history via the "I'm Interested" link to apply.