- 2319 7th St W, St Paul, MN 55116, USA
Highland Chateau Health + Rehabilitation Center is always searching for talented and energetic employees who will make a difference in the lives of area seniors - it’s something we call Caring Above and Beyond. Come join us!
Day shift is 6:00 am - 2:00 pm, and evening shift is 1:15 pm - 8:00 pm. This is a part-time position (5-6 shifts per pay period)
This position is responsible for the preparation of food on a large scale basis according to specific policies, procedures, menus and standardized recipes. Responsibilities include preparing ingredients, cleaning the cooking area and serving food on a tray assembly line. This position may act as a lead worker to Dietary Aides.
- Prepare food according to diet standards, therapeutic needs, recipes and food production sheets.
- Ensure all food is cooked and presented in an attractive and palliative way.
- Responsible for accurately weighing, measuring and properly using recipes in producing a standard product.
- Demonstrate a conscientious attitude in daily operations through portion control and eliminating waste.
- Perform food production work efficiently, while monitoring a neat and sanitary work area.
- Ensure portion control of all items is per resident’s orders and preferences.
- Ensure temperature of all food items is per standards and is recorded for compliance.
- Promptly report malfunctioning equipment or food shortages.
- Ensures a clean, orderly, and efficient kitchen when working.
- Assist in training and orientating of new personal.
- Act as the subject matter expert in the dietary department / kitchen- may oversee and train others engaged in food preparation activities.
- As needed, assist in dining room (washing dishes, pots, pans, utensils) cleaning the area and restocking.
- Follow procedures and guidelines in food cooling, hot food holding and prevention of cross contamination.
- Ability to modify a recipe to meet the needs of restricted diets or numbers to be served.
- Maintain an accurate stock count / stock control.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to two (1-2) years of experience as a cook or an equivalent position.
- Experience in cleaning, maintaining sanitary environments and large scale food
- Must be willing to work towards a hygiene / cook / dietary certification.
- Flexible work schedule (mornings, afternoons, nights, weekends, holidays, etc.)
- Wage Range: $13.53 - $17.73
- Available Shifts: (Part-time .6 fte, or .4 fte)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.