Hospitality Aide (Full-time AM and PM Shifts) Become a Certified Nursing Assistant!
- 2175 E Park Ave, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729, USA
The Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls provides compassionate and professional long-term care to veterans and spouses who cannot be cared for in their homes. A multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, therapists and social workers develop a customized, goal-oriented treatment plan to address each member's specific needs.
· Cooperates with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other facility personnel to ensure that nursing services can be adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
· Assists nursing team with serving meals, snacks and fluids (not providing cares).
· Ensures rooms are cleaned, organized and sanitized.
· Assists housekeeping and nursing with preparing rooms for new admissions.
· Makes beds– attach the resident call lights so it is easily accessible if the resident returns to their room.
· Stocks resident rooms with wipes, clean washcloths, clean towels, gloves, etc.
· Cleans unit refrigerators per established process.
· Answers call lights, serving residents when able and finding qualified staff when necessary.
· May transport residents (to and from meals, activities) if able per community / state regulations.
· Takes linen to the laundry room as needed.
· Picks up dirty/used trays, glasses, and cups in residents rooms and dining areas.
· Unit cleaning duties as instructed by team leads or unit managers.
· Completes daily task sheet and returns to unit manager.
· Attends and participates in scheduled training and educational classes as required.
· Immediately reports all accidents and incidents observed.
· Immediately reports all changes in the resident condition to the Nurse.
· Answers phones as necessary.
· Follows work assignments, and/or work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks.
· Questions nurse and management team immediately it any task that could be considered out of scope or as providing cares to a resident is asked to be completed.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
o High school diploma or equivalent.
o Previous experience in a long-term care or other healthcare environment.
Availability & Attendance
o Flexible work schedule (mornings, afternoons, nights, weekends, holidays, etc.)
o Follows all attendance policies and procedures, including proper timeclock usage.
o Compliance with infectious disease policies and procedures related to, but not limited to tuberculosis screening of health-care workers.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position is accepted on the condition that you become enrolled in an accredited Nursing Assistant course (paid for by the facility). Upon successful completion of the course, you are required to remain as a full time employee for a minimum of 6 months.