Registered Nurse (RN)
- 2319 7th St W, St Paul, MN 55116, USA
At Highland Chateau we are dedicated to awakening our communities to the positive possibilities of life’s next chapters. Our team is committed to providing comfort, promoting independence, and nurturing the interests of the seniors we serve, every day. Come Join Us!
This position is responsible for overseeing nursing and resident care for the designated unit(s). The position assists with the coordination of clinical services, ensure that resident outcomes are achieved and monitors for effective internal resource utilization to assure that the financial and resident goals of the organization are achieved. Responsibilities may include:
Clinical Processes & Procedures
- Ensure that resident’s charts are updated and free of errors.
- Openly communicate with the Medical Director and DON relating to resident diagnoses and treatment plans.
- Assist with continuing education meetings for nursing staff.
- Collaborate with the clinical team in establishing a treatment plan.
- Coordinates the treatment plan for short term clients which may include completions of the RAI assessment, care plan development, facilitating care conferences and summarizing clinical team interventions; provides appropriate oral or written documentation to external payer.
- Provide direct resident care following the treatment plan, this may include tasks such as administering medication, etc.
- Participates in all inspections of nursing care by outside agencies.
- Report occupational exposures to needle sticks, blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with facility policy and procedures governing accidents and incidents.
- Complete all documentation as recommended by Federal and State Guidelines.
- Ensure that reportable events are communicated in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that nursing notes are informative and complete regarding the cares and services provided to the resident.
- Listen to shift report and keep open lines of communication with supervisor, co-workers and on-coming shift.
- Attend nurses and team meetings as scheduled and/or assigned.
- Maintain professional relationships with physicians and other providers.
- Respond to all emergency situations within the facility.
- Promote rehabilitation nursing on the units.
- Perform physical and psychological nursing assessments on residents when necessary.
- Report all unusual circumstances that may involve the safety and well-being of the residents and staff directly to the DON.
- Demonstrate leadership ability and management skills through fair decision making, dependability and reasonable expectations.
- Act as House Supervisor at prescribed times.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a Registered Nursing (R.N.) program at an accredited school, college or university. Must have and maintain an active R.N. license / registration in good standing on the state registry.
- Previous experience as an R.N. in long-term care preferred.
- Evening Shift: 2 pm - 10:15/10:30 pm
- Full-Time .8 FTE
- Wage: $28.00 - $34.50
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.