CNA/Caregiver- Full Time PM (2-10p) Hiring Now!!!
- 2175 E Park Ave, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729, USA
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Do you have the passion and skills to make a difference? If so, we encourage you to join our team at the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls! Veterans are also encouraged to apply.
The Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls is a 72-bed veterans’ skilled nursing facility in Chippewa Falls, WI. The center, a twenty million dollar, 78,000 square foot single-story structure, opened February 2013.
In keeping with a forward-looking model of care, the center will have two “neighborhoods,” each having two 18-bed “households.” The neighborhood concept creates a more homelike environment that makes it easier for members to develop a social network, participate in activities, and navigate to destinations within the household. The community is equipped with state of the art technology and is truly world class in its design, functionality, and overall sense of community. We’re thrilled with the notion of being able provide care and service to this deserved population in such a truly amazing environment.
We are currently seeking Certified Nursing Assistants for our PM shift consisting of a rotation of every other weekend. We have two positions available on opposite weekends so let us know which weekend you prefer!
This 2p-10p shift is eligible for our PM shift differential of $0.50/hour in addition to the base wage.
This position is responsible for providing assigned residents with routine daily nursing care in accordance with established facility nursing care procedures as directed by supervisors. The Certified Nursing Assistant reports any noted changes in the resident as they are noted.
Some duties include:
Nursing Care Functions
• Assists residents with personal cares including bathing, dressing, grooming and toileting.
• Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding accurate performance of vital signs, weights, etc.
• Follows the residents care plan.
• Delivers meals and assists residents with eating. Records accurate food and fluid intake as assigned reports any chewing or swallowing difficulty to the nurse.
• Assists the resident with the restorative nursing program including but not limited to, passive and active range of motion, ambulation with appropriate assistive devices and use transfer belt.
• Assists the residents in transferring using a transfer belt, device or appropriate lift maintaining resident safety at all times.
• Reports promptly to the nurse any changes in the resident condition.
• Answers call lights promptly and determine resident needs.
• Neatly makes and changes bed linen.
• Ensures that residents are clean, neatly dressed, and well-groomed.
• Reports any indication of resident illness to the nurse.
• Provides any information on changes in skin conditions to the nurse.
• Observe and report any noted changes in mental status to the nurse.
• Report to charge nurse all incidents, accidents that occur involving residents, and visitors.
• Follow standard precautions and works within OSHA guidelines.
• Treats and ensures that residents are treated with respect and dignity.
• Immediately reports any suspected abuse or neglect per facility policy.
• Remains aware and takes special precautions to ensure a clean safe environment for residents and staff.
• Reports any equipment malfunction to designated employee.
• Accurate documentation of vital signs, weights, intake and output as delegated per facility protocol.
• Attend designated nursing meetings as scheduled.
• Attends educational offerings and obtains the minimum hours of continuing education a year per regulation.
• Serve on, participate in and attend various committees and meetings of the facility to enhance interdisciplinary process.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Completion of a state approved certified nursing assistant training program.
• Previous experience as a certified nursing assistant in long term care preferred.
• Ability to understand residents’ plan of care.
• Must possess the ability to effectively gather clinical data in regards to resident status and condition and report to licensed nurse.
• Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
• Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
• Must be a team player.
Staff of the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls are employed by Dimensions Management of Chippewa Falls, LLC which is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, a disabled veteran, or an individual that has other barriers that limit your ability to access our on-line application system, please contact Human Resources to discuss alternative ways to apply for open positions.