Registered Nurse- Part-Time/Full-time Day Shift
- 2175 E Park Ave, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729, USA
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Do you have the passion and skills to make a difference? If so, we encourage you to join our team at the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls! Veterans are also encouraged to apply.
The Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls is a new, 72-bed veterans’ skilled nursing facility in Chippewa Falls, WI. The center, a twenty million dollar, 78,000 square foot single-story structure, opened in February 2013.
In keeping with a forward-looking model of care, the center will have two “neighborhoods,” each having two 18-bed “households.” The neighborhood concept creates a more homelike environment that makes it easier for members to develop a social network, participate in activities, and navigate to destinations within the household. The community is equipped with state of the art technology and is truly world class in its design, functionality, and overall sense of community. We’re thrilled with the notion of being able provide care and service to this deserved population in such a truly amazing environment.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position is responsible for overseeing nursing and resident care for the designated unit(s). The position assists with the coordination of clinical services, ensure that resident outcomes are achieved and monitors for effective internal resource utilization to assure that the financial and resident goals of the organization are achieved.
KEY POSITION SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILTIES
Clinical Processes & Procedures
- Ensure that resident’s charts are updated and free of errors.
- Openly communicate with the Medical Director and DON relating to resident diagnoses and treatment plans.
- Assist with continuing education meetings for nursing staff.
- Collaborate with the clinical team in establishing a treatment plan.
- Coordinates the treatment plan for short term clients which may include completions of the RAI assessment, care plan development, facilitating care conferences and summarizing clinical team interventions; provides appropriate oral or written documentation to external payer.
- Provide direct resident care following the treatment plan, this may include tasks such as administering medication, etc.
- Makes walking rounds between shifts and whenever necessary to supervise and monitor work performance in terms of resident care, staff regulations and efficiency of service.
- Report occupational exposures to needle sticks, blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with facility policy and procedures governing accidents and incidents.
- Participates in all inspections of nursing care by outside agencies.
- Complete all documentation as recommended by Federal and State Guidelines.
- Ensure that reportable events are communicated in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that nursing notes are informative and complete regarding the cares and services provided to the resident.
- Listen to shift report and keep open lines of communication with supervisor, co-workers and on-coming shift.
- Attend nurses and team meetings as scheduled and/or assigned.
- Maintain professional relationships with physicians and other providers.
- Respond to all emergency situations within the facility.
- Promote rehabilitation nursing on the units.
- Perform physical and psychological nursing assessments on residents when necessary.
- Report all unusual circumstances that may involve the safety and well-being of the residents and staff directly to the DON.
- Demonstrate leadership ability and management skills through fair decision making, dependability and reasonable expectations.
- Act as House Supervisor at prescribed times.
Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Successful completion of a Registered Nursing (R.N.) program at an accredited school, college or university.
- Previous experience as an R.N. in long-term care preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Must have and maintain an active R.N. license / registration in good standing on the state registry.
- CPR certified.
Availability & Attendance
- Flexible work schedule (mornings, afternoons, nights, weekends, holidays, etc.) which may include hours beyond eight hours in a day, or 40 hours in a week.
- Follows all attendance policies and procedures, including punctuality and proper timeclock usage.
Staff of the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls are employed by Dimensions Management of Chippewa Falls, LLC which is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, a disabled veteran, or an individual that has other barriers that limit your ability to access our on-line application system, please contact Human Resources to discuss alternative ways to apply for open positions.
No need to fill out an application at this time. Simply upload your resume or fill in your work history via the "Im Interested" link to apply.