Assistant Director of Nursing
- 2175 E Park Ave., Chippewa Falls, WI, us
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Do you have the passion and skills to make a difference? If so, we encourage you to join our team at the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls! Veterans are also encouraged to apply.
The Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls is a new, 72-bed veterans’ skilled nursing facility in Chippewa Falls, WI. The center, a twenty million dollar, 78,000 square foot single-story structure, opened February 2013.
In keeping with a forward-looking model of care, the center will have two “neighborhoods,” each having two 18-bed “households.” The neighborhood concept creates a more homelike environment that makes it easier for members to develop a social network, participate in activities, and navigate to destinations within the household. The community is equipped with state of the art technology and is truly world class in its design, functionality, and overall sense of community. We’re thrilled with the notion of being able provide care and service to this deserved population in such a truly amazing environment.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
In coordination with the Director of Nursing, this position is responsible for providing professional and technical guidance to subordinate nursing staff and participates in all management functions of the nursing department (planning, organizing, leading and controlling).
KEY POSITION SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Arranges all mandatory in-services for all departments annually. (Mandatory per regulations)
· Determines the training needs of the facility and develops/coordinates training and education and an annual training calendar.
· As requested will assist with individual departmental training.
· Assists with development of new procedures and policies with direction from the Director of Nursing.
· Develops orientation program for all new hires.
· Works with probationary staff to assist with job development.
· Provides training on processes, systems development and action teams as needed throughout the organization. Develops training materials as needed.
· Audits systems to monitor compliance with regulations.
· Ensures that safety and infection control practices are followed by all staff throughout the shift.
· Develops and monitors infection control standards for the facility ~ educates staff on the standards.
· Communicates collaboratively with other members of the interdisciplinary team, physicians, consultants, to obtain information and assistance in training needs.
· Assists with investigations of all resident concerns and incidents and identifies root cause(s) in a timely and complete manner; implement intervention to safeguard the resident; completes required documentation; and reports incidents in accordance with regulations and standards of practice.
· Initiates new models of delivery to improve the customer experience and raise quality of care metrics.
· Develops and coordinates the Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance Process to enhance the quality of resident care, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern long-term care communities.
· Develops and coordinates quality improvement process in all departments, across the organization.
· Ensures the Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance Process will link the organization’s goals and strategic operating plan.
· Works with operations and leadership teams to ensure integration and the quality management process into the day-to-day operations.
· Identify areas for improvement, gaps in service and necessary changes; makes written and oral reports/recommendations to the Executive Director concerning overall community operations.
· Develops and facilitates the Quality/Performance Improvement Team meetings, ensuring compliance and balanced participation, along with any follow-up needed with issues identified.
· Assists others in identifying root causes of problems, along with the development of action plans that will enhance programs, departmental effectiveness and or systemic changes as requested.
· Promotes the Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance Process within the organization and support staff through organizational culture change and transition.
· Oversees and coordinates the customer satisfaction and engagement surveys through MyInnerview.
· Establishes a mechanism of communication for staff regarding the Quality Initiatives (mission, vision, values, and goals) on an on-going basis.
· Ensures and promotes Caring Above and Beyond quality process by assisting in process.
· Actively involved in nursing leadership team
· Serves on facility committees, councils and teams as assigned.
· Participates in the interviewing, hiring, and orientation of new nursing staff.
· Participates and assists with coaching and ongoing educations of nursing personnel to meet resident care needs and ensures compliance with professional standards and regulatory compliance.
· Coordinates the quality council according to facility standards and provides information Fills in for the RN Nurse Managers as needed.
· Is the acting DON when the Director of Nursing is unavailable.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Baccalaureate or Associate degree in nursing (RN) and Master’s preparation in related field desired.
- Two years of experience in long-term care and management, preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations in relation to long-term care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ANA Standards of Nursing Practice, gerontology nursing practice, and code for nurses.
- Knowledgeable of community resources and health care agencies.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have and maintain an active R.N. license / registration in good standing on the state registry.
- Certified geriatric nurse or nurse administrator by ANA, preferred.
- Complete continued education courses or attend seminars relating to the nursing profession.
Availability & Attendance
- Flexible work schedule (mornings, afternoons, nights, weekends, holidays, etc.) which may include hours beyond eight hours in a day, or 40 hours in a week.
- Follows all attendance policies and procedures, including punctuality and proper timeclock or timesheet reporting.
- Compliance with infectious disease policies and procedures related to, but not limited to tuberculosis screening of health-care workers.
Staff of the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls are employed by Dimensions Management of Chippewa Falls, LLC which is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified
applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status. .
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, a disabled veteran, or an individual that has other barriers that limit your ability to access our on-line application system, please contact Human Resources to discuss alternative ways to apply for open positions.
No need to fill out an application at this time. Simply upload your resume or fill in your work history via the "Im
Interested" link to apply.