Certified Nursing Assistant
- 2175 E Park Ave, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729, USA
Do you have the passion and skills to make a difference? If so, we encourage you to join our team at the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls! Veterans are also encouraged to apply.
The Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls is a new, 72-bed veterans’ skilled nursing facility in Chippewa Falls, WI. The center, a twenty million dollar, 78,000 square foot single-story structure, opened in February 2013.
In keeping with a forward-looking model of care, the center will have two “neighborhoods,” each having two 18-bed “households.” The neighborhood concept creates a more homelike environment that makes it easier for members to develop a social network, participate in activities, and navigate to destinations within the household. The community is equipped with state of the art technology and is truly world class in its design, functionality, and overall sense of community. We’re thrilled with the notion of being able provide care and service to this deserved population in such a truly amazing environment.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing assigned members with routine daily nursing care in accordance with established facility nursing care procedures as directed by supervisors. The Nursing Assistant reports any noted changes in the member as they are noted.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
NURSING CARE FUNCTIONS
• Assists members with personal cares including bathing, dressing, grooming and toileting.
• Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding accurate performance of vital signs, weights, etc.
• Follows the members care plan.
• Delivers meals and assists members with eating. Records accurate food and fluid intake as assigned reports any chewing or swallowing difficulty to the nurse.
• Assists the member with the restorative nursing program including but not limited to, passive and active range of motion, ambulation with appropriate assistive devices and use transfer belt.
• Assists the members in transferring using a transfer belt, device or appropriate lift maintaining member safety at all times.
• Reports promptly to the nurse any changes in the member condition.
• Answers call lights promptly and determine member needs.
• Neatly makes and changes bed linen.
• Ensures that members are clean, neatly dressed, and well-groomed.
• Reports any indication of member illness to the nurse.
• Provides any information on changes in skin conditions to the nurse.
• Observe and report any noted changes in mental status to the nurse.
• Report to charge nurse all incidents, accidents that occur involving members, and visitors.
• Follow standard precautions and works within OSHA guidelines.
• Treats and ensures that members are treated with respect and dignity.
• Immediately reports any suspected abuse or neglect per facility policy.
• Remains aware and takes special precautions to ensure a clean safe environment for members and staff.
• Reports any equipment malfunction to designated employee.
• Accurate documentation of vital signs, weights, intake and output as delegated per facility protocol.
• Attend designated nursing meetings as scheduled.
• Attends educational offerings and obtains at least 12 hours of continuing education a year per regulation.
• Serve on, participate in and attend various committees and meetings of the facility to enhance interdisciplinary process.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work other hours as needed or required for Member care.
• Follow safety guidelines and trainings to prevent work injuries.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to endure prolonged walking, sitting, standing, use of pulling, bending, and stooping movements.
• Ability to adapt to changes in daily work hour and schedule.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
• Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
•Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action and as delegated by the licensed nurse.
• Ability to prioritize duties.
• Ability to read, speak and understand English.
• Ability to understand and follow work assignments.
• Must possess adequate strength and endurance to meet the strenuous physical demands of such member care responsibilities as lifting and moving members.
• Must possess coordination and dexterity required to provide member care skillfully.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Completion of a Certified Nurse Assistant program and must be on the state registry.
• Ability to work on weekends, holidays and overtime if necessary.
• Ability to maintain and keep records
• Previous experience as a registered or certified nursing assistant in long term care.
• Ability to understand members’ charts, doctor’s orders, members’ plan of care, medication orders.
• Must possess the ability to effectively gather clinical data in regards to member status and condition and report to licensed nurse.
• Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
• Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
• Must be a team player.
$11.42-$13.31/hour- Looking for Full-time and PT PM and NOC Shifts
Staff of the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls are employed by Dimensions Management of Chippewa Falls, LLC which is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status. .
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, a disabled veteran, or an individual that has other barriers that limit your ability to access our on-line application system, please contact Human Resources to discuss alternative ways to apply for open positions.
No need to fill out an application at this time. Simply upload your resume or fill in your work history via the "Im Interested" link to apply.