Activity Aide- Full & Part Time Openings!
- 2175 E Park Ave, Chippewa Falls, WI 54729, USA
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Do you have the passion and skills to make a difference? If so, we encourage you to join our team at the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls! Veterans are also encouraged to apply.
The Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls is a new, 72-bed veterans’ skilled nursing facility in Chippewa Falls, WI. The center, a twenty million dollar, 78,000 square foot single-story structure, opened in February 2013.
In keeping with a forward-looking model of care, the center will have two “neighborhoods,” each having two 18-bed “households.” The neighborhood concept creates a more homelike environment that makes it easier for members to develop a social network, participate in activities, and navigate to destinations within the household. The community is equipped with state of the art technology and is truly world class in its design, functionality, and overall sense of community. We’re thrilled with the notion of being able provide care and service to this deserved population in such a truly amazing environment.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The primary purpose of your job position, is to assist the Activity Director in planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Activity Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, and established community policies and procedures to assure that an on-going programming of activities are designed to meet the interests and the physical, spiritual, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident.
KEY POSITION SPECIFIC ROLES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Supports the Activity Director in designing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and supervising group/individualized activities, programs, and events for residents, families, and staff meeting the diverse physical, psychosocial, mental and emotional needs and desires of the residents.
- Report any changes in resident behavior, physical status, safety hazards and/or procedural difficulties to the appropriate team members.
- Reports attendance and refusals to Nursing Staff and Leadership Team as required.
- Attends resident council meetings when invited and report any grievances to the leadership team.
- Assist residents with accessing, composing and/or sending mail or email
- Sort mail to be delivered to residents as necessary; assist with mail delivery and read mail if requested by resident/responsible party.
- Welcomes new residents including 1:1 visits and facility tours in conjunction with the primary Activities Aide assigned to any given unit/program.
- Assume a leadership role and organization role in the celebration of individual resident’s birthdays including but not limited to group celebrations, individual recognition on actual birthdays, and maintain an organized, current birthday resident history file.
- Visit with residents on a 1:1 basis for the purpose of providing:
- A friendly visitor; and/or
- Sensory stimulation; and/or
- Reality orientation; and/or
- Individual instruction on specific leisure pursuits; and/or
- A means of meeting individual’s needs as outlined in each resident’s plan of care.
- Document the nature of the visit and outcome.
- Assist in recruiting outside groups to entertain in the facility.
- Assist in developing and maintaining an active volunteer program which involves screening, training and supervision of volunteers.
- Screen, train and supervise activities volunteers.
- Assist in planning and implementation of the annual recognition event for facility volunteers.
- Assist with routine volunteer recognition including but not limited to birthdays, anniversaries, illness, death and other notable changes.
- Helps organize, conduct, and display thematic/ holiday decorations throughout the facility.
- Assist in maintaining current organizational systems or special needs lists (i.e. religion, birthdays, histories, dietary restrictions, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in event planning, customer service, interacting with the general public, or previous experience in long-term care.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Valid and restriction free driver’s license in the state of the community.
Availability & Attendance
- Flexible work schedule (mornings, afternoons, nights, weekends, holidays, etc.) which may include hours beyond eight hours in a day, or 40 hours in a week.
- Follows all attendance policies and procedures, including punctuality and proper timeclock or timesheet reporting.
- Compliance with infectious disease policies and procedures related to, but not limited to tuberculosis screening of health-care workers.
Staff of the Wisconsin Veterans Home at Chippewa Falls are employed by Dimensions Management of Chippewa Falls, LLC which is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, a disabled veteran, or an individual that has other barriers that limit your ability to access our on-line application system, please contact Human Resources to discuss alternative ways to apply for open positions.
No need to fill out an application at this time. Simply upload your resume or fill in your work history via the "Im Interested" link to apply.