Packleader - Doggy Daycare Animal Attendant
- 205 E Nifong Blvd, Columbia, MO 65203, USA
At Woof’s, our amazing team of dog lovers and state-of-the-art facilities help us to provide top-notch daycare, boarding, grooming, and training services to our 4-legged guests and their 2-legged companions. Our team focuses on keeping your pets happy, safe, and healthy by ensuring our pack leaders are trained and interacting with your pets all day long. Part-time and full-time hours are available!
Woof's is now hiring energetic and fun-loving humans who enjoy playing with animals! This job comes with some AWESOME part-time perks and a pay rate of $10.30-$13.00 per hour based on experience. You’ll work with friendly teammates in a supportive, happy work environment while participating in the following job duties:
What you'll do
- Ability to work a playroom while continuously on your feet showing the dogs attention and care
- Proactively address behavior in a timely and effective manner. This may include crating for time outs, when necessary, but NEVER includes the use of physical force or punishment of an animal. We have a zero-tolerance policy for the mistreatment of animals.
- Aware of environment at all times and consistently attends to any special needs pets including but not limited to dogs that need to be crated when other dogs enter the playroom and dogs that cannot be together
- Woofs has zero-tolerance for mishandling of animals or using non-approved animal management methods
Health and Grooming
- Demonstrated ability to bathe any size dog without direct supervision and to company standard
- Proper procedures include the use of appropriate shampoo for the dog, appropriate use of bathing equipment, and the clean-up of the bathing area upon completion
- Ability to clip dog toenails with the assistance of another team member
- Ability to understand and follow without exception the Feeding List, Medication List and Allergy List to ensure that all health standards are met consistently
Teamwork and Self-Accountability
- Ability to work cohesively with their team in a respectful and professional manner
- Effectively communicates both orally and written. Utilizes company tools to communicate relevant information daily via the activity log and to their supervisor
- Maintains a positive attitude and demeanor in all aspects of their position including room management and customer service.
- Maintains consistent time and attendance standards
- Follows company dress code guidelines for professional and safe standards
- Is on time for scheduled shifts and in the case of an emergency calls in advance of their shift to allow time for proper coverage
- Takes their own development as a personal responsibility and uses mistakes or challenges as an opportunity to grow to a higher standard of performance
Steward of Building Care and Cleanliness
- Continually monitor playroom keep area free of messes by immediate and continual spot cleaning throughout the shift
- Perform daily cleaning assignments which may include, but is not limited to sweeping, mopping, taking out the trash, refilling the water cooler, and replacing water bowls
- Follow standard cleaning procedures including proper use of chemicals to ensure a safe environment for both people and animals
- Perform daily and weekly cleaning assignments including moving and sanitizing crates as well as cleaning the walls, floors and play equipment with sanitizing solutions
Requirements for Packleaders and Doggie Day Care Team Members:
- Year-round, open availability and reliable transportation
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Dog or animal experience preferred, but not required
- Customer Service preferred, but not required
- Computer skills preferred, but not required
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours, bend repetitively, and use cleaning products to disinfect and sanitize the building
- Ability to move quickly throughout the building while maintaining your composure and keeping a smile on your face!
- Ability to lift and carry equipment weighing 40 lbs
- Pay from $10.30-$13.00 per hour based on experience
- Pay raises every 90 days!
- 401(k) retirement plan & company match
- Free “Day Play” for your pups (up to 2) when you’re on duty
- Career development opportunities within Woof’s Play & Stay