- 2100 SW Westport Dr, Topeka, KS 66614, USA
At Woof’s, our amazing team of dog lovers and state-of-the-art facilities help us to provide top-notch daycare, boarding, grooming, and training services to our 4-legged guests and their 2-legged companions. Our team focuses on keeping your pups happy, safe, and healthy by ensuring our pack leaders are trained and interacting with your pups all day long.
Woofs Stay & Play is hiring a responsible, driven and team-oriented Dog Trainer. The Dog Training position is responsible for Dog Training brand consistency, delivering all program offerings and maintaining operational standards within the store. The Dog Trainer will be the primary resource and leader in their store regarding Woof’s Dog Training program and consequently be accountable for consistent achievement of the store’s budgeted Dog Training sales goals by driving sales while educating and engaging all store partners.
As the Dog Trainer, you must follow Woof’s Dog Training curriculums and methodologies. Current dog training experience is preferred along with a commitment to showing a genuine interest in enhancing communication and teamwork between dog and pet parents by offering positive solutions and rewarding success while providing a fun and safe environment for dogs, pet parents and store partners.
What you'll do:
Provide pet parents with exceptional Dog Training instructions and customer service by acting as a subject matter expert for Woof’s Dog Training Program, products, services, and in-store promotions, to our canine pet friends and their pet parents, helping them strengthen their bond through fun and educational training. Dog trainers must embrace and advocate the role of Dog Trainer.
- Must promote the positive training philosophies and ensure a safe pup training environment for the parents and pups
- Be a Training resource for additional trainers within the store to support the consistent achievement of targeted goals and exhibit the ability to enlist the aid and support to accomplish common tasks
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all pup parents and Team Members regarding Training or other pet services
- Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings and can command attention, establish clear directions and create a climate that motivates others
- Cross-train store management and team members on how to promote Training and provide solutions to various training challenges, and the products needed to assist in solving those issues within established guidelines
- Work with marketing to maintain class-related materials to consistently call back interested pup parents in a timely manner, promote Training classes, seminars, workshops and/or related events
- Be familiar with all services offered by Woof’s Play & Stay
Requirements for Dog Trainers
- Ability to open the building at 6:30 am or stay as late as 8:30 pm
- Available to work 45 hours per week and more when needed
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and move playroom equipment and X-large home-style crates
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours, bend repetitively, and use cleaning products to disinfect and sanitize the building
- Ability to move quickly throughout the building while maintaining your composure and keeping a smile on your face!
- Ability to work weekends and holidays