Team Member - Caregiver at Doggie Daycare
- 205 E Nifong Blvd, Columbia, MO 65203, USA
At Woof’s, our amazing team of dog lovers and state-of-the-art facilities help us to provide top-notch daycare, boarding, grooming, and training services to our 4-legged guests and their 2-legged companions. Our team members focus on keeping your pups happy, safe, and healthy by ensuring our pack leaders are trained and interacting with your pups all day long.
Woof's is hiring energetic and fun-loving team members - caregivers who enjoy playing with pups! As a team member at Woof's (or a "Packleader" as we like to call it) you’ll work with friendly teammates in a supportive, happy work environment while participating in the following job duties:
- Animal Care-Taking-
- Team Members work with dogs in the play room, attending to their needs, and addressing behavioral issues when needed by crating and putting in "time-outs."
- Note that behavioral intervention at Woof's NEVER includes the use of physical force or punishment of a dog. We have a zero-tolerance policy for the mistreatment of animals
- Health and Grooming
- Team Member bath dogs, clipping toe nails, feeding and dispensing medications.
- Note that proper procedures and health standards must be followed during these processes.
- Teamwork and Self-Accountability-
- Team Member working collaboratively with team, communicating via activity log, maintaining a positive attitude, following company guidelines regarding attendance, dress code, and performance.
- Steward of Building Care and Cleanliness
- Team Member continually monitor playroom keep area free of messes by immediate and continual spot cleaning throughout the shift
- Team Member performing daily cleaning assignments which may include, but is not limited to sweeping, mopping, taking out the trash, refilling the water cooler, and replacing water bowls, sanitizing crates and other areas according to schedule
Requirements for team members - caregivers at Woof's:
- Ability to open the building at 6:45am or stay as late as 8:30 pm
- Available to work 30 to 40 hours per week with occasional overtime
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and move playroom equipment and X-large home-style crates
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours, bend repetitively, and use cleaning products to disinfect and sanitize the building
- Ability to move quickly throughout the building while maintaining your composure and keeping a smile on your face!
- Ability to work occasional weekends and holidays
- Comfortable working with all dog breeds