Magento Technical Lead
- 4134 Del Rey Ave, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA
Guidance, the global ecommerce leader of Magento, Episerver, Shopify Plus and BigCommerce solutions, invites you accelerate, win and evolve. Our renowned technology and creative innovators have shaped ecommerce for 25 years across thousands of mid-market and enterprise brands, manufacturers and retailers in both B2C and B2B. We deliver award-winning customer experiences that outperform the competition and define tomorrow's industry champions.
If you would like to work with category leaders like FitBit, Popcultcha, K-Swiss, Foot Locker, James Perse, Travis Mathew, Vince Camuto, Kate Somerville, Brixton and Huf, we want to meet you.
Voted one of LA's Best Places to Work six times in eight years, Guidance offers an exceptional culture, team environment, career growth, generous compensation, social clubs, weekly events and an unrivaled reputation. Come join us!
- Work remotely or at home
- Our office has been closed since 3/13/20
- Lunches, sodas, snacks, coffee, tea, espresso, hot chocolate, desserts
- Avoid the commute with our work from anywhere program
- Ideal location in Silicon Beach with local access to restaurants and services
- Lunch Lotto events to get you outside with friends at new places
- Dodgers, Lakers, Kings games
- Pajama Parties, Star Wars Day, Ice Cream Trucks, Oscar Parties, Valentine's Day Card Design, Murder Mysteries, Sushi Nights, Pirate Day, and other monthly themed events
- Dog friendly office
- Massage days
- Award winning office design
- Cultcha Club (the designers of fun so you can enjoy yourself)
- Guidance Green (the caretakers of our planet who make it easy and fun for you to participate)
- Generous PTO
- Outstanding compensation
- Traditional 401k or Roth IRA
- Exceptional health, dental, and vision insurance with Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Professional development, certificate courses and coaching programs
You will design and develop award winning web applications and mobile solutions for global brands and branded manufacturers. You will work with project managers, Magento developers, QA professionals and client teams to deliver the very best in ecommerce.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of a growing, world-class organization with a competitive base salary and variable compensation opportunities.
- Leading multiple, concurrent ecommerce development teams
- Facilitating requirement-gathering sessions with client teams, including C-levels and VP-levels
- Ensuring quality control processes are successfully employed
- Working with the DevOps Engineer to manage environments and release quality solutions
- Estimating new project timelines, cost and resource needs
- Communicating progress, timelines and deliverables to client stakeholders
- Writing System Requirement Specifications (SRS) documents
- Leading teams of on- and off-shore Magento teams
- Working with project managers and developer teams to ensure solutions are delivered timely and on budget
- Integrating highly customized third-party solutions using a range of commerce technologies
- Providing technical leadership, troubleshooting and solutioning through high priority production issues.
You Must Have
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent; MS CS or Engineering preferred
- 5+ years developing web applications using the LAMP stack
- 2+ years deploying sophisticated Magento 2.x web applications
- Experience working with Magento cloud.
- Experience working on Magento PWA implementation.
- Ability to get hands on when needed.
- Experience extending or customizing Magento Enterprise ( experience with other frameworks such as Shopify, Big Commerce, EPiServer is a plus)
- Demonstrated experience in leading hybrid on- and off-shore teams
- Ability to architect complex services, consultatively
- Skilled at problem solving and troubleshooting
- Client-facing with strong communication skills, including telephone and in-person presentations
- Able to adapt and pick up new technologies
- Consultative in nature, and enjoy working on multiple projects at one time
All applicants must be a strong fit with Guidance's core values:
- Honesty, integrity and fairness
- Respect for individual ability, creativity and diversity
- Teamwork and open communication
- Passion and commitment
- Enjoyment of work and life
Learn more at https://www.guidance.com
Guidance is an equal opportunity employer.