Shopify Lead Developer
- 4134 Del Rey Ave, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Guidance, the global ecommerce leader of Magento, Episerver, Shopify Plus and BigCommerce solutions, invites you accelerate, win and evolve. Our renowned technology and creative innovators have shaped ecommerce for 25 years across thousands of mid-market and enterprise brands, manufacturers and retailers in both B2C and B2B. We deliver award-winning customer experiences that outperform the competition and define tomorrow's industry champions.
If you would like to work with category leaders like TOMS Shoes, Foot Locker, James Perse, Travis Mathew, Vince Camuto, Kate Somerville, Brixton and Huf, we want to meet you.
Voted one of LA's Best Places to Work six times in eight years, Guidance offers an exceptional culture, team environment, career growth, generous compensation, social clubs, weekly events and an unrivaled reputation. Come join us!
As a Shopify Lead Developer, you will design and develop award winning web applications and mobile solutions for global brands and branded manufacturers. You will work with project managers, Shopify developers, QA professionals and client teams to deliver the very best in ecommerce.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of a growing, world-class organization with a competitive base salary and variable compensation opportunities.
- Lead multiple, concurrent Shopify projects
- Facilitate requirement-gathering sessions with client teams
- Ensure quality control processes are successfully employed
- Estimate new project timelines, cost and resource needs
- Communicate progress, timelines and deliverables to client stakeholders
- Create high level technical design documentation and provide technical approach for the solution with estimates, including required 3rd party apps or custom app implementation.
- Maintain and enhance existing Shopify ecommerce websites using best practices
- Participate in Scrum and Sprint planning activities as needed.
- Perform code reviews and provide constructive feedback to the developers
- Help developers establish and follow coding best practices
- Lead on- and off-shore Shopify teams
- Work with project managers and developer teams to ensure solutions are delivered timely and on budget
- Provide technical leadership, troubleshooting and solutioning through high priority production issues.
- Expert in Shopify Liquid template language and theme development
- Custom Shopify APP development experience
- Proven knowledge with Admin API and Storefront API and possible usage for customization using APIs
- Experience in Catalog analysis and configuration from Shopify admin
- Experience with Shopify instance management and configuration
- Knowledge in data migration and synchronization between Shopify instances
- Experience with code version control systems like Git/SVN
- Good knowledge in AJAX/JS/JQuery
- Experience with product/Customer/Order import Export management
- Experience integrating with backend systems such as ERPs, WMS, OMS, PIMs etc.
- Experience with performance improvement and troubleshooting Shopify implementations
- Demonstrated experience in leading hybrid on- and off-shore teams
- Skilled at problem solving and troubleshooting
- Client-facing with strong communication skills, including telephone and in-person presentations
- Able to adapt and pick up new technologies
- Consultative in nature, and enjoy working on multiple projects at one time
All applicants must be a strong fit with Guidance's core values:
- Honesty, integrity and fairness
- Respect for individual ability, creativity and diversity
- Teamwork and open communication
- Passion and commitment
- Enjoyment of work and life
Learn more at https://www.guidance.com
Guidance is an equal opportunity employer.