Director of Business Development
- 4134 Del Rey Ave, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Guidance, the leading customer centric commerce service provider, lauded by retailers and employees for more than 20 years as one of the best places to work in the United States, continues to add exceptional talent.
Guidance seeks a Director of Business Development to drive and manage sales efforts. The primary objective for this role will be to obtain new business and support aggressive growth. You will be responsible for identifying and selling to new clients. You must be able to establish effective rapport with appropriate client executives to understand their needs and work with the Guidance Delivery Team to deliver accurate proposals for service.
- Personally close $1.5mm + in your first year by selling software development services, especially in the area of eCommerce, ramping towards annual production of $3mm
- Leverage your extensive list of well-known, high-level contacts at Fortune 100 companies and other key business segments to make an immediate impact on our revenue
- Using warm leads from the inside sales team, build relationships with new prospects, manage the sales cycle, and close deals
- Generate additional lead sources using your industry relationships, channel partner contacts, and personally-conducted outbound campaigns
- Work with the sales and marketing teams to construct and execute regional sales strategies to penetrate specific markets
- Provide executives with realistic and updated sales forecasts
- Work with sales and delivery teams to identify and scope new opportunities and
create proposals that reflect customer requirements and objectives
- Support account managers in up/cross-selling project services to existing client base
- Develop and nurture relationships with key partners such as Magento, BigCommerce, Shopify Plus and EPiSERVER.
- 8-10 years selling consulting services in the software solutions and eCommerce industry and a
proven track record of exceeding personal sales quotas
- Ability to quickly establish and maintain key relationships within prospect companies
- Experience presenting to C-level executives of Fortune 1000 companies
- Experience selling deals from $100K to $2M
- Experience managing ongoing client relationships and successfully upselling when appropriate
- Developing sales proposals and contracts
- Excellent written and verbal communication, business acumen and presentation skills
All applicants must be a strong fit with Guidance's core values:
- Honesty, integrity and fairness
- Respect for individual ability, creativity and diversity
- Teamwork and open communication
- Passion and commitment
- Enjoyment of work and life
Guidance is a customer centric commerce service provider dedicated to growth oriented mid-market and enterprise branded manufacturers and merchants in both B2C and B2B with industry leading practices in multichannel retail strategies, mobile, customer experience, innovative design, and complex system integration. Guidance delivers award winning ecommerce solutions using Magento, Shopify Plus, EPiSERVER and Commerce Cloud.
Since 1993, national flagship retailers and consumer branded manufacturers have relied on Guidance’s expertise to facilitate more than $5 billion in web, mobile and social commerce. Brands such as Foot Locker, Johnny Was, Robert Graham, TOMS Shoes, and others have engaged Guidance to build more than 300 world-class, omni-channel websites and apps that captivate, engage and encourage loyalty.
Learn more at http://www.guidance.com
Guidance is an equal opportunity employer.