Business Development Representative
- 4134 Del Rey Ave, Marina del Rey, CA, United States
Guidance, the global ecommerce leader of Magento, Episerver, Shopify Plus and BigCommerce solutions, invites you accelerate, win and evolve. Our renowned technology and creative innovators have shaped ecommerce for 25 years across thousands of mid-market and enterprise brands, manufacturers and retailers in both B2C and B2B. We deliver award-winning customer experiences that outperform the competition and define tomorrow's industry champions.
If you would like to work with category leaders like TOMS Shoes, Foot Locker, James Perse, Travis Mathew, Vince Camuto, Kate Summerville, Bixton and Huf, we want to meet you.
Voted one of LA's Best Places to Work six times in eight years, Guidance offers an exceptional culture, team environment, career growth, generous compensation, social clubs, weekly events and an unrivaled reputation. Come join us!
- Ideal location in Silicon Beach with local access to restaurants and services
- Lunch Lotto events to get you outside with friends at new places
- Dodgers, Lakers, Kings games
- Pajama Parties, Star Wars Day, Ice Cream Trucks, Oscar Parties, Valentine's Day Card Design, Murder Mysteries, Sushi Nights, Pirate Day, and other monthly themed events
- Lunches, sodas, snacks, coffee, tea, espresso, hot chocolate, desserts
- Avoid the commute with our work from anywhere program
- Dog friendly office and free pet insurance
- Massage days
- Award winning office design
- Cultcha Club (the designers of fun so you can enjoy yourself)
- Guidance Green (the caretakers of our planet who make it easy and fun for you to participate)
- Generous PTO
- Outstanding compensation
- Traditional 401k or Roth IRA
- Exceptional health, dental, and vision insurance with Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Professional development, certificate courses and coaching programs
You will sell into B2C and B2B companies via email and phone. You will qualify and handle inbound leads, make outbound sales calls, and develop a robust funnel of qualified opportunities that an Outside Sales Rep will ultimately close. You will be expected to cultivate your own leads in addition to receiving leads through inbound marketing channels.
You will have a demonstrated track record of achieving a sales quota. Using Hubspot and other tools, you will create and execute target campaigns to connect with prospects and qualify opportunities. You will collaborate with the broader sales and marketing team and present a consistent brand voice to prospects.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of a growing, world-class organization with a competitive base salary and uncapped commission potential.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK AT HQ IN MARINA DEL REY.
- Making approx. 40 calls per day
- Positioning Guidance quickly and effectively while staying on-brand
- Creating lead generation and outbound call strategies using LinkedIn and other Guidance technologies
- Overcoming objections and making contact with decision makers
- Consistently meeting or exceeding weekly prospecting targets for calls, emails, meetings, and opportunities
- Booking meetings for Outside Sales Reps
- Collaborating with our partner network to create joint outreach campaigns, event follow up, etc.
- Collaborating with marketing and strategy departments to create content marketing campaigns that stimulate interest, book meetings with prospects and grow pipeline
- Using HubSpot CRM and marketing automation tools to manage workflow
- Maintaining a strong knowledge of Guidance's service offerings, value proposition, technology suite, partner network, ideal customer profile and competitive landscape
- Managing relationships with third-party companies for list building, data cleansing and other related services
- Continuously add/update new prospects within HubSpot to grow Guidance’s database and maintain accurate records
- Following up on leads generated by marketing campaigns, trade shows and other methods to qualify and pursue new sales opportunities
You Must Have
- Minimum of 2 years of inside sales experience with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding quota
- Skilled at overcoming objections and getting people to talk
- Ability to get past blockers and speak with decision makers
- Experience in services or software industries (enterprise or SaaS software desired, eCommerce experience preferred)
- Ability to sell complex services, consultatively
- Motivated by kudos, hitting targets, making money and personal development
- In-depth experience with CRM and marketing automation software, preferably HubSpot
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Prior training in and usage of one or more sales methodologies (Predictable Revenue, SPIN, TAS, Solution Selling, Conceptual Selling, Customer Centric, Challenger Sales, etc.)
- Polished written/verbal business communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Tech savvy with ability to use multiple online tools simultaneously
- Highly organized, time management skills
- Upbeat, fun, optimistic and someone people want to be around
- Must be high energy and able to accomplish a great deal in a day
- Must enjoy talking to people on the phone and in person
- Entrepreneurial in nature
- Identifies as a "hunter"
All applicants must be a strong fit with Guidance's core values:
- Honesty, integrity and fairness
- Respect for individual ability, creativity and diversity
- Teamwork and open communication
- Passion and commitment
- Enjoyment of work and life
Learn more at http://www.guidance.com
Guidance is an equal opportunity employer