Senior UX Designer
- 4134 Del Rey Ave, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA
Guidance, the leading customer centric commerce service provider, lauded by retailers and employees for more than 20 years as one of the best places to work in the United States, continues to add exceptional talent.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will create award winning information architecture and user experience for today's leading global retailers. You will work with creative director, art director, graphic designers, project managers, developers, QA professionals and client teams to deliver the very best in ecommerce.
Reporting to the creative director, you will be the primary customer advocate responsible for bringing together user-centered design, technology and business strategy. Responsibilities will include:
- Designing market leading customer-centric user experience, including site map and wireframes
- Facilitating requirement-gathering sessions with client teams, including C-levels and VP-levels in marketing, business and technology
- Participating in sales meetings with clients, showcasing existing work and describing examples of prior results
- Analyzing client needs and translating into detailed, organized documentation and prototypes
- Managing user research, including focus groups, customer interviews and usability testing
- Authoring conceptual diagrams, site maps, user flows, storyboards, wireframes, user testing, personas, content inventories and related functional specs
- Recognized track record in designing IA and UX for B2C and B2B ecommerce companies
- 10+ years of professional design experience
- Expert knowledge of the creative development process
- Demonstrated trackrecord of delivering timely and on budget
- Impecable organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Axure
- In-depth knowledge of web site functionality, interactions, usability, and navigation
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Flexible, open and approachable demeanor (can-do attitude)
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently
- Both a strong team leader and a team member
- BA in Art, Design, Graphics, Human Factors, or related discipline; MA Preferred
All applicants must be a strong fit with Guidance's core values:
- Honesty, integrity and fairness
- Respect for individual ability, creativity and diversity
- Teamwork and open communication
- Passion and commitment
- Enjoyment of work and life
Guidance is a customer centric commerce service provider dedicated to growth oriented mid-market and enterprise branded manufacturers and merchants in both B2C and B2B with industry leading practices in multichannel retail strategies, mobile, customer experience, innovative design, and complex system integration. Guidance delivers award winning ecommerce solutions using Magento, Shopify Plus, Big Commerce and EPiSERVER.
Since 1993, national flagship retailers and consumer branded manufacturers have relied on Guidance’s expertise to facilitate more than $5 billion in web, mobile and social commerce. Brands such as Foot Locker, Burlington, TravisMathew, James Perse, and others have engaged Guidance to build more than 300 world-class, omni-channel websites and apps that captivate, engage and encourage loyalty.
Learn more at http://www.guidance.com
Guidance is an equal opportunity employer.