Employee Communications Director
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health oncology platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has commercially launched Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx, Guardant360 TissueNext™, Guardant360 Response™, and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients, and Guardant Reveal™ for early-stage cancer patients. The Guardant Health screening portfolio, including the Shield™ test, aims to address the needs of individuals eligible for cancer screening.
About the Role:
As Director, Employee Communications, you will lead the strategy, planning, and execution of internal communications efforts that advance Guardant Health’s mission of conquering cancer with data. In this highly visible and strategic role, you will have the opportunity to shape the internal communication strategy to align Guardant Health’s people to our mission, vision, and values.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications, you will serve as an advisor and counselor to the senior management team and work collaboratively with our external communications, People Team, and other cross-functional teams to ensure we’re telling a consistent story across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the long-term vision, strategy, and plan for how internal communications can inform, engage, and inspire more than 1,700 employees to help Guardant Health meet its short- and long-term business goals.
- Be a strategic communications business partner to senior leaders across our global organization, advising on the right forum, timing, and messaging of communications.
- Enhance current communication infrastructure with the right tools, resources, processes, and policies to ensure consistent delivery of all internal messages.
- Responsible for day-to-day execution of internally focused communications on various topics across the business including employee culture and values, DEI programs, employee resource group initiatives, human resource milestones, finance updates, business priorities, key data milestones, and product launches.
- Create and execute effective change management communication campaigns to help employees understand and adapt to organizational changes.
- Oversee our employee channel strategy and work closely with internal partners to identify and build the best platforms and channels to share information for maximum impact.
- Partner with the People Team to build brand awareness of Guardant Health as an employer of choice.
- Responsible for content creation and project management for all internal employee communication activities including executive communications, intranet (Simpplr), newsletter (AxiosHQ), Slack, and global All Hand meetings.
- Lead content development for communication platforms.
- Create and leverage measurement dashboard, ensuring data-driven insights and learnings are used to inform future campaigns.
- BA or BS required with 10+ years of internal communication/employee engagement experience
- Firm understanding of communication best practices and approaches
- Experience engaging with senior executives to provide counsel and coaching
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and agency partners
- Ability to understand and communicate complex science and technology
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive knowledge and experience leveraging cutting-edge tools and technology to drive employee engagement through digital and social channels, corporate intranet, and video
- A creative and solutions-oriented mentality when it comes to problem-solving
- Highly effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Hybrid Work Model: At Guardant Health, we have defined days for in-person/onsite collaboration and work-from-home days for individual-focused time. All U.S. employees who live within 50 miles of a Guardant facility will be required to be onsite on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. We have found aligning our scheduled in-office days allows our teams to do the best work and creates the focused thinking time our innovative work requires. At Guardant, our work model has created flexibility for better work-life balance while keeping teams connected to advance our science for our patients.
For positions based in Palo Alto, CA or Redwood City, CA, the base salary range for this full-time position is $160,000 to $216,000 The range does not include benefits, and if applicable, bonus, commission, or equity.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our hiring processes for candidates with disabilities, long-term conditions, mental health conditions, or sincerely held religious beliefs. If you need support, please reach out to [email protected]
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/